Reno's going good.

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

kashton

Despite everything, the reno's are finally moving along.

Only two more windows to install, and I will be working on the siding. I was gonna get the Troyster to go under to insulate the floor under the back room, but I'll have to do it , Troy may be out of town. I have enough of the skirting off to see without the aid of flashlights, and I have already cleaned out the area.

We also had a sewer type smell in our laundry room, so I checked under the trailer, and found our gray water line has a broken seal. I'm surprised the water hasn't run all over the ground! At least it wasn't the ca-ca line!

I'm gonna ask our friend if I can store thing in his shed, cause I have too much stuff already packed, and sitting in our addition. Need to get it out so we can get the drywall up in here.

I am also going with a 2 1/2 inch rubber base in the place. Allot cheaper(by the roll, and no cutting) compared to regular base boards. The lady buying our place has two small kids, so it will also stand up to wear and tear better. (and because I install it at work all the time, so I am quicker at it.) No painting required!!!

I'll take some pics at the end of the week, when more is done.

P.S. The wall is finally fixed, and is ready for siding.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I'm at the front, twirling a baton!
JD
Site Admin

Hey kashton,

So what is the time frame of you completing repairs, selling the home and your friend finishing the home you would like to buy?

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
kashton

I don't think we will be done until the end of August. Then the lady and I can come up with a possession date. She will have to give notice where she is renting too.

All I ask of Brent, is he have the walls up, and roof on. He already asked me to insulate and poly, Sean (hubby) to drywall, and then me again to paint. So, thats why I say walls up and roof on. We would take over from there.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I'm at the front, twirling a baton!