M is for mobile...

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

LisaBoyer

Hello,

We are looking at purchasing a piece of land and moving our mobile. I have no idea what the cost is for moving a double wide, so I couldn't tell if I was being taken to the cleaners, or it was legit.

Before I start looking for estimates, I was hoping to find out the general ball park. I'd like to at least pretend I know what I am talking about when I make those calls.

Thanks,
Lisa
Greg

Lisa, If you ask here prices will be all over the place. Your best bet will be to ask a few dealers in your area what the going rate will be. A few things will effect the price such as How much break down & setup work will they have to do (waterlines, Electrical, skirting etc.). I would make sure they level the home at the new location at the very least.

The type of foundation at the new location will make a difference also. If you can have a full pad poured it will speed set up time and make things much better for you in the future. You should check with the codes office as for any requirements they may make.

INSURANCE!!! make sure who ever moves the home has it, ask to see a copy of their certificate of insurance. If they give you a hard time about it that is a red flag, proceed with caution and you may want to contact YOUR insurance agent as well.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
UmpJJ

Ask some MH landlords about movers - that's how we found ours. We moved our 16X80 singlewide about 75 miles for $3000 after checking out several choices.

UmpJJ