Earthquake in VT

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

dedou

Hey! I was just sitting here reading the repair forum when the table shook, the windows rattled and I called out to hubbs in the living room (I was at my computer in the bedroom) "Did you feel that?" He did, and we called my sister and her hubby next door - they felt it, too. Just submitted a report to USGS, as it wasn't listed yet. It was pretty mild, but VT is way overdue for a "big" one, and it's kind of creepy. Anyone else been through one in your MH? :shock:
Devon
Greg

We have had a few here in NY in the past few years. No damage, but how much worse could an Earthquake be than delivering the home on the roads around here?

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
dedou

It could be delivering in Mud Season :shock: We found out it was in lower Maine, over 150 miles away. It was a bit scary, but no damage done.
Devon
JD
Site Admin

We had a tiny little wave come through a couple of days ago. I knew instantly what it was, but by the time that registered in my head, it was over. So sort of a non event. It was a 5.3 centered about 100 miles away as a crow flies. California is known for their earthquakes, but here in the Central Valley, just feeling one at all is pretty rare.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.