Caterpillars

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

kashton

I don't know how many of you know about the Tent Caterpillars, but we can't get rid of them here. This is year number three or four. I find them in the house sometimes, in the shed, crawling up the siding, and worst of all, was scooping them everyday out of the pool. I finally drained the pool to move it. Takes two days to drain, then another 12 hrs to fill again. One of my neighbours has no, and I mean NO leaves left on her trees.

My aunt has the lower parts of her trees raped with foam, duct tape to hold it and then grease on the tape. It keep the pillars from getting up, but they still get in her trees from the other trees. Her canvas canopy is so discolored from the pillar droppings.

Darn the insect that don't serve a purpose!!!
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I'm at the front, twirling a baton!
Greg

We have had banner crops of them the last few years here also, they will destroy the foliage for acres in the Adirondacks they seem to take a fancy to maples but any leaf is fair game. you can try using a soap mix on them but it may be like trying bail a sinking boat with a paper cup. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
kashton

I think you are right. I couldn't even begin to estimate how tall the trees are in my back yard. Good luck to me getting the pests. This is supposed to be the last year. Lets hope so!
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I'm at the front, twirling a baton!