Another gas hike????

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Yanita

Was just watching the tropical weather update....

Seems as though Iran/Iraq forget which one is going to get a major rare cyclone within the next 48 hours.

This is the worlds largest oil supplier, what do you suppose will happen to the prices now???

We had just leveled off to 2.95 for regular, 3.05 for premium, bet it does not stay there long. :shock:

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
JD
Site Admin

We are at about $3.25 with $3.15 being the lowest prices in town.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
lucasboy

We're averaging around $3.34 a gallon in Norheast Indiana.
gram2logan

Gas here in NW Indiana has been $3.39. Today it's down to $3.25 for regular unleaded. I have an SUV and boy, is it a gas guzzler!
Stop talking before people stop listening!
Maureen

It's not only the cyclone aiming for them! What happens if they really do prove that Iran has been supporting al-qaeda. I'm not doing a political thing here. I'm just remembering the last time we sanctioned Iran! We could very well be looking at extremely high gas prices!

We've gotten as green as we can be here. Even Ryan, at 20 years old isn't taking a lot of extra trips in his car. He can't afford it! Warren and I both map out our trips these days. For years I've stocked up at the grocery store each month. I have a large pantry, a freezer and I plan meals each week. We don't run to the store without thinking if we really need to. Warren does his chores on his one day off and maps it out. I run 3 to 4 days a week with weddings. One day a week on family chores and stuff.

I fill my tank once a month. I own a SUV, but it's a 6 cyclinder. It's a mid size SUV. Warren and Ryan give themselves $30.00 a week to go to work, school, errands and play. It's all in the planning!

Our gas prices went way up at first, but have held to about $3.22 a gallon for regular for the past 3 months.

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
Harry

Hi

I lived in Europe for 3 years. Gas has always been high there. In USA terms it is over $7.00 a gallon for regular now.

I guess when it gets that high here we'll drive little cars too. Right?

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
kashton

We won't have any gas in town to worry about. Two stations are out already.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I'm at the front, twirling a baton!
Maureen

I'm so sorry Kaston!

Please do your best to hang in there and stay high and dry!

Maureen 8)
'Plato'

We just finished a trip to Oregon this week. The highest price we paid for gas was $3.35 in Redding Ca. on 5/31. One week later coming back the price was $3.19 at the same station. Lowest price paid was $3.09 in Madera Ca. Glad prices are going down. If oil company profits wen't in the billions of dollars, I don't think many people would complain about higher prices. To much profit for them at our expense. Glad we drive a Ford Focus, got 32.4 mpg on the trip!
Bill W.
Maureen

Welcome to my world, or neck of the woods anyway Bill W! I'm a couple hundred miles from Redding. Yes, even here in the Reno Tahoe area gas prices fluctuate rapidly! If we have an event or holiday, gas prices go up at least 25 cents... there is always another reason for the increase, of course. It just coincides with events and holidays LOL!

You hit Redding just after Memorial Day for the first fill up. A week later, nothing was going on, so gas prices were lower. That's the world that we live in down here.

Just watch, we'll have another little crisis that boosts gas prices over the 4th of July!

I find it truly amazing myself! Gas prices here were about 20 cents higher over the Memorial Day weekend than they are now.

Yeah, lets all hope that the oil companies maintain their high profits again this year........

Maureen 8)
'Plato'
Yanita

Hey Maureen,

The crisis that happens on your side of the country happens here as well. Everytime a holiday or large event is coming, gas price hikes are also!

I have learned to fill up every vehicle a day or so before the event.

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Lorne

Her in SC it has dropped below $3, around $2.89.
There will of course be another rise soon .

We can't control it, so we have to live with it.

We lived in Sparks NV for over 20 years and I figured that it must cost more to haul the gas up and over Donner.

Not to mention the added cost of those "alleged" helpful clean air additives ,which do not clean, but rather make you use more gas for a given power level. Corn belongs in Corn Flakes, not in your gas tank.

The next driving holiday will undoubtedly see another rise.

Happy motoring.
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.
PennylessZ28

It will be well past 3 dollars. I know its below 3 again. This is how they take it over.

When it went over two dollars they did this.

First is 2.50, then it goes up high, over 3 and you panic. Then it comes down, too 2.70, floats there for a few months, then it goes over 3 dollars again, comes down, floats around 2.85-2.95

This is to get you to think you're finding great prices. Your not, your still paying a retarded price. You've been over paying since it hit over a dollar a gallon.

They did this when it went past 2 dollars. Just watch, it will stay 2.80-2.90 for 6-8 months, or shorter, than it it will slowly creep over 3 dollars. Once it's 3 dollars, it will shoot up to 3.95 or something insane. For some BS reason. Remember when it was the hurricane and it shot up to 2.90 ?? Yeah, then it will go down to 3.20 and you'll be glad cause it's not 4 dollars.

Same cycle will continue. How come no one is having a fit like they did in the 70s?

The big load of crap is all the finger pointing. We are not consuming more gas than last year. The price per barrel is not as high as it was last year either, and there isn't any kinks in the supply. Although the oil companies are claiming refiring problems, if you look at the numbers, you'll see its BS. But very few people actually watch all that.

A matter of fact, they are probably right 99% of all americans believe the bs fed to them from their television.

Even futures are down right now. So why is the price still up?

It's rigged, always has been. No one will do anything, becuase money runs the world.