I'm gonna shoot him...just a little!

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

oldfart

Well folks I realize I haven't been writing of late but I've been on 6 nights a week since ....August.(?) I still stop in to read though! Anyways...after getting off work last Sat. morn at 3a.m. I drove down to Waldorf, Md. to go crabbin'. Got home around noon and plopped down in the livingroom to pick&eat some crabs and...yeah...I kin do that...and around 4p.m. I'm a bit groggy but still chompin' away and seen a mouse head pop up through the heat vent on 'tother end of the living room. I was livid!! I'm feedin' a small herd of feral cats here...shouldn't be a mouse left in these parts. Now sittin' in the corner nearby is 3 guns I bought while I was down in Waldorf crabbin' and I groweled..."I'm gonna shoot him...just a little!" First I grabbed the 12ga. double-barrel..then thought better of it and snatched up a neat little .410 bolt-action shotgun. A bit of reconsiderin' and I figgered that'll probably really scuff that carpet up....so I grabbed the .22 Marlin! "Ahhhhh...just the ticket!"...I muttered. Then realized all the shells were in the room di-reckly behind where the mouse was. ++++! Well, probably wouldn't have been very smart anyways as there's 5 ammo boxes fulla ammunition behind that wall. So I figgered mebbe I could run up an squarsh him before he scurried back down the vent! I lept from the chair and almost got him! Then returned to my seat and waited him out. Eventually he did come back! And did the strangest thing. Just sit there a spell peerin' at me...and then fell over daid as a doornail. I don't know how long DeCon Mouse Killer lasts but I rekkin he ate some that I put in the ductwork 5 years ago. Well, that's all the news for today folks. Ya'll take care an be blessed! Audie..the Oldfart! :)
Groo

wasn't decon, that makes 'em real thirsty before they die. I'm guessing it was OD of all that ill will you sent his way.
Dean3

Yep,poison makes them thirsty,he was probably eying Audie and wondering how his blood would taste right before the massive heart attack racked through his furry chest and dropped him like a rock. Now Audie,don't have nightmares of a vicious,vindictive,screaming little mouse with death in his eyes and driven mad by a poisonous thirst running at you full speed,,,I would never write such things if I thought you were the squeamish type.

Maybe those cats are helping after all Audie,the mouse got in but was afraid to leave so it got hungry enough to eat the poison.

Sorry folks,I just can't help myself sometimes.
sd0321

why didn't you just put a piece of upside down sticky floor tile with paper removed right next to the vent....you caught a cat that way.... :D ha ha still think this could be patented....sherry
oldfart

sd0321 wrote:why didn't you just put a piece of upside down sticky floor tile with paper removed right next to the vent....you caught a cat that way.... :D ha ha still think this could be patented....sherry
Sherry...actually as crazy as it sounds...I did try that! He croaked before he walked on the upturned floor-tile! And as loony as that idea sounded for catching fleas it worked incredibly well! :) By the way..flea free now for months and my new Best brand Beast recliner is arriving on Thur.!!! This thing is HUGE! It's like a reclining queen-size bed! I shall be in nirvana! Ya'l be blessed! Audie...the oldfart.