Always something happening here!

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

kashton

Just to top off the threat off flooding, we had a major mudslide just out of town. None of the semis could get through to bring supplies(meat, veggies,etc.) to the store. The shelves are pretty bare in the stores.

<http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columb ... slide.html>

My hubby had to leave at 4:00 this morn for Prince George, cause he had to take the long way. A six hour drive will be about an 11 or 12 hour drive, depending on traffic.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I'm at the front, twirling a baton!
JD
Site Admin

Wow Kaston. What a pile of dirt! They plan on having all of that moved by tomorrow? The ground must be really soaked there.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
kashton

We were gone to Kincolith on the weekend when it happened. We heard it over the radios they use there. When they started to remove the dirt, more slid and I heard there were three other spots that started to slide. They got some of the semis through the junction, but found they were recking the road . I don't know yet if they got the highway open to one lane yet. A friend of mine is off work until they clean the highway, both ways. Terrace is dry. But because of the snow coming down, what can we do.

I also took the camera with us for the weekend to show everyone the Lava beds, and all the snow on the mountains in the Valley, but when I took out the camera, discovered I brought the one without batteries.

We saw 14 Black Bears on the way there, and 17 Bears(including a mother Grizzly with her two cubs) on the way home.
kashton

So it has started. Highway is closed again with more rock slide. My cousins yard will start flooding by this afternoon. We will all go over today to help get stuff out of their basement. The culvert along the river is no longer visible. I gotta go take pics of the trees raging down the river. One of the campgrounds and the road are already under water too.

My hubby will be stuck in Prince George, since the highway is closed, and Prince George is under flood alert as well.
kashton

Not even an hour since my last post. Water is rising 1 and a half feet per hour. My cousins yard has started to flood and they have started to sandbag the houses on her road and the ones along the river. I'm going t take pics right now before I have to get the kids at school.Image

This is at the end of our road.
JD
Site Admin

That don't look too good, Kelly. I hope you pull through this without your homes getting wet.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Yanita

Hi Kashton,

That looks like pretty rapid water.

How far are you from all this flooding?

Stay safe and be ready to get out, remember nothing is worth saving except for you life.

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
kashton

We live on Graham. The pic is from the end closest to us. Only a couple of blocks down. The other end of Graham is already flooded . I would have taken pics there, but there are so many people trying to see that you can't get pics. Skeena street is under water. Kalum is flooding, but the have a pump to divert most of the water. Last night the river was up to the bottem of the train bridge, but was getting too foggy to get pics. Fisherman's worf is under water , I guess no one will be launching their boats!
troyster

I live in the same park as Kelly & I am only 4 homes down from the end. Today I had a look at the river and it's in the back yard of the end home. It looks like the river went up 2 feet overnight and they are calling for it to go up another foot today. If it doesn't recede and keeps building up at this rate the park will be covered in 3-5 days. Its up too mother nature now. Nothing we can do about it.
Yanita

Hi,

I am sure this is probably not the first time either of you have been thru this, but if it is, then my advice is be ready to leave!

If roads are already blocked due to mudslides, water is already visible in your neighborhood, I think I would at least have the car ready to go.....

~Yanita~
troyster

Hi Yanita! actually 4 years ago I went through flooding when we lived in New Remo which is just 10 minutes outside of town. I went to check it today and it had already surpassed the highest level it was at 4 years ago and this is only the start of the flooding. We have already broken the flood records from the early sixties & seventies and we are on course to break the record flood of 1946. The last time the southside flooded was the flood of 1938 and that was because the river was log jammed. We could hear the river running behind us last night and today choppers are flying steady all day long surveying the flood. Yes we will head for the hills if need be but for now there is no warnings for the park.
Yanita

Sleep lightly!

~Yanita~
kashton

Sleep? Not tonight. The farmer's field behind me is filling with ground water. It is just past the fence onto my side. It has about 8 feet and then a bank to come up, but in all the years we have lived here, I have never seen that much water in his field. Skeena st. , Haughland, and that end of Graham are closed off with the Police, and Kerr st, on the other end of Graham is flooding.

I can't believe the people who will drive through barricades to witness other peoples grief. That is why the Police are stationed at the barricades. The water treatment plant that used to be in a field, now look like it is in the middle of a lake.

Also in the slide, they found two vehicles. One Truck that was torn apart, and what they said was a mini van with two people in it. Not alive. Haven't heard yet if there were anymore.
Yanita

Kashton, troyster,

Everyone alright up there?

~Yanita~
kashton

The field behind is coming up slow into my lower yard. We will have time to leave if it comes to that. I kept my daughter home today. Water is running across the road at the school. More houses have been evacuated along Graham.

To see the news pics from yesterday you can go to

www.cftktv.com scroll down until you come to Northwest flood photos. They haven't yet been updated for today.

I did get my truck fixed yesterday, and will be ready to go. We can go to Grandpa's house across town if we need to.