New Toy

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

JD
Site Admin

That Korg unit looks real nice. It is set up about the same as the Line 6 with similar features. Korg has been doing the modeling and sampling stuff since the technology began too.

My Boss GT6 is an awesome unit, but it has too many buttons and options for me. Still don't know how to set or use most of it. I am sure the Korg or Line 6 would offer more than I need as well.

Something I like about the headphones is I don't get the hiss like I do from the amps. But on the down side, I can't get that tube drive sound like I do from the amps. The effects can simulate it, but it is not the same. I rarely get to turn it up that loud anyways so no big.

I think we may be the only ones in this thread so it would be great if you would PM me about the guitar stuff. I'd like to hear how you like the Korg after using it. I bet you will love it.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Jim from Canada

Well, between the blown out knee, the van starting to go south, and all the work to be done around here, it will be a few moons before I will even get to look at one again. But when I do, I will let you know.

Jim
Maureen

JD you sound just like my son talking to me! I have played a lot of instruments in my day. I come from a family where music or dance was very important... to my mother. I didn't excel at either really, but nailed the guitar and piano enough to make her happy LOL!

Out of 6 kids, only my youngest brother played professionally. He played his first paying gig at 12. He plays drums, by ear. He's played with everyone from John Fogerty to Sammy Hagar! On the other hand, he made more money tiling their homes than playing drums LOL! He's the tile setter and done both of their Lake Tahoe homes. He's worked on John's home for 4 remodels now!

Best guitarists, Stevie Ray Vaughn is my all time favorite! I first saw him in Vegas in the early 1980's. The man had more than a gift! Jimi Hendrix and Eric Clapton.... are tied for second, in my opinion. But then, I'm old and haven't really listened to the newcomers over the last few years. I'm sure there are other out there that are up and coming!

Hmmmm... off for some R&R, I think I'll put on some SRV and and just chill for an hour or so.

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
JD
Site Admin

Wow! Your son did very well! You must be very proud of him. LOL about making more money in the trades. Making it as a musician is a needle in the haystack. For the most part, making a good living is for those that are very talented, educated and professional. People that are good enough to do session work on a daily basis and orchestra types can make a good living. But big money in Rock, Pop, Alternative etc is very rare. I know many active musicians playing gigs and bars with occasional sit-in's with bigger named artists. They all have regular jobs. A bar gig pays like $150 a night for Fri and Sat around here.

Many of my Jr high school chums that I played in bands with all stuck to music as their main effort. I joined the military at 17. When I got out, I got a good job and bought myself a nice Les Paul Custom and a Fender Twin amp. Expensive high grade stuff. The lead guitarist in my kid band had become unbelievably good. He was in a very popular Seattle band with people just clammering over him. But he was still playing the same home rigged Fender Mustang and working at a self serve gas station. Nothing wrong with that. He loved his life. But me, I was not much better of a musician than I was at 13 but had all this great gear. Pretty much been like that for over 40 years.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Maureen

Hey JD,

That was my youngest brother that's the drummer, but I'm proud of both he and my sons LOL!

Sean had plenty of chances to go professional! It wasn't that he wasn't good enough, when it came down to it, he didn't want to leave his dogs and home to tour LOL! This was way back in the 80's. He's 45 now, still has the same home, different dogs and finally married his room mate, ummm... I mean live in girlfriend of 12 years.

He loves his dogs and home, but has a real issue with commitments LOL!

Speaking of music, I'm off to watch the rest of the ALMA awards!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'