Got it!

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Dean3

Well I got my Fix-A-Windshield kit in the mail. Sent off for it and a couple other things I needed. I haven't tried it yet,but,since the other topic

https://www.mobilehomerepair.com/phpbb/v ... f=7&t=7239

was locked due to my slowness(excuse me,I'm drinkin)I thought I'd get the ball rollin again.

I'll be trying the DIY process out as soon as it isn't hot enough to cook eggs on the van's roof! Good God! I hate hot/humid weather!! Really bites the big one and no mistake there!

Maybe,if the stuff works for me,I'll get some pics and post em. I spose I'll have to weed eat too so that doesn't show in the pics,damnitallanyway!! LOL.. Just replaced my rider blades and man alive!!,,,does it ever have a nice looking cut now!! One other thing I got in the mail is a double drink holder,I just attached it to the rider fender a few hours ago. I take my riding serious,not the lawn so much,just the riding comfort! :lol: Now I need a damn tractor radio that gets the oldies hard rock station. :)

G-night all,Ampa's gettin sleepy.

Dean

PS-"Ampa" = Grampa :lol:
Greg

Dean, I leave the topics open at least 2 weeks after the last post, then lock'em up. There was a time when we would have replies and ideas on how to fix problems that were posted 2 years earlier. I figure after 2 weeks it should be a done deal, If not feel free as you did to repost.

Let us know how it works. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Dean3

Understood and appreciated Greg,TY.
I just posted the link for background in case any interested party was wondering. I have been known to go overboard on occasion,nuthin new there :D

Not sure if I'll try the fix today,it's still kinda warm out.The next few days forecast look better though. Work is super slow so I should have plenty of time to get pics and give a decent writeup of the process,,you know,,tell y'all how I goofed it up! :lol:

As soon as the clear silicone adhesive sets up on the rider's new drink holder(24 hours) it should also be about time to mow so I can test it out proper. Of course I won't be mowing at midnight :lol: so that will give it extra time to cure. If it doesn't hold against the vibrations then I can drill and bolt it down and let the silicone stay to reduce rattling. I've been looking for a 12" weatherproof tool box for the other fender,,no luck yet,all too expensive so far. Might have to buy a cheapo and rain proof it myself.

Dean