I am not trailer trash, I am trailerlicious!

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Dean3

There's just no accounting for taste,Andrea's neighbors have a taste for alcohol,as do I. I don't want my beer 24/7 though,that's just way too much. I like to have a few very dark beers(Goose Island Oatmeal Stout!! mmm yummy!) and maybe get a bigger snoot on once in a while,,like last Saturday night! :lol:

I find it very strange they live crammed in a small home,surely to save money for "party favors" like booze,then run the aircon and leave the door open! Freakin silly doesn't cover that behavior,nor does stupid,irresponsible,immature,idiotic,or even the word "alcoholics". I've known some doozies of alcys and none would do that day in day out. Makes me wonder if the air conditioned room is separated from the rest,,,maybe to cool a person(infant/elderly/sick),or somewhat worrisome,to cool a substance. Do the adults have sunken dark eyes and are they skinny as a rail?

A raised garden bed might stop a kid from rolling over plants,2x12s ought to be plenty,would take some work and $$s but might be worth it if the park will allow.

Dean
andreab

I was saying before that people in the park are getting evicted, but apparently you can go to court and pay your rent up to date and you get to stay.

I have asked the park manager for a list of the rules or regulations several times so I know my rights and what I can and can't do. They always have an excuse why they can't give me them. I have a fence 3' post and rail with wire mesh, but I would like to put up a 6 or 8' stockade fence (what I really want to do is put up an electric fence with barb wire on top) and a kid proof locking gate. My neighbors constantly complain about my fence (only to me) - they think it should be moved, well that fence was there before their trailer was. They say they can't have backdoor stairs because of my fence and their pipes are exposed because of .... you got it my fence. Then they tell me that its ok because their kids play in my yard, ...uhhh I have my own kids and don't want to take care of yours.

How much would it cost to haul a 35 X 16 trailer away and how much would I have to bribe someone to do it?

Children and Youth Services was called, she thought the neighbor did it and threatened to beat the crap out of her - the police came out. Funny thing is that when she gets pissed at me she won't confront me - just trash talks about me to the neighbors. Saturday, I was waiting for her to come out and say something to me so I could rip her a new one.

As for the garden, I am not a gardening type of person, so my tomato plants hang over the little fence near the back of my trailer. Its very easy to avoid the plants when you walk back there, but apparently not for an unsupervised 4 year old on an atv, besides going around the back of my trailer is not the normal entrance to my yard, only me and the propane guy go back there (not together lol).
joedirt63

ok whats good for the goose is good for the gander. put up that 8 foot fence,(I like that idea) since it seems that there are no rules according to the manager , you can do what you want too. i,m sure you'll find out the rules then.when i bought this place i had the park owner and the manager come in for a sit down visit,and go over the 3 pages of do's and don'ts, felt like i was back in school again .caught him few times, seems he changes the rules to fit his needs and i was there with the 3 pages of 8x10 colored glossys with the circles and arrows and a explaination of what each one was, oops sorry, alices resteraunt creeps up now and again. any way i showed him the rules that he gave me and he went off studdering to him self. if any of the kids from next door come wanderin around ,tell the manager and say that your not liable for any personal injury , he is or the park owner is. enough of reports get filed something should be done, and by the by i heard tell that for about 2,000 you can get a trailer moved, but the details are a little skechy.
"a man has got to know his limitations", clint eastwood. " i haven't found mine yet," me
Greg

Do A Google "Mobile home owner's rights in PA." you may find what the state regulations are. Here in NY it states very clearly that the rules MUST be posted in a common area of the park. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
andreab

My neighbor gave me her copy of the park rules. Interesting stuff and it seems they only apply to some of the people in here. I am supposed to be charged $25 to have a dog, the neighbor above me and one down the street are being charged the neighbors across the street aren't. I told the trailer park manager that I have a dog before I moved in (I have never made any effort to conceal the fact I have a dog either), she never charged me or made me fill out the dog app. Being the rebel that I am, I have broken a couple of the rules - I tied my clothesline to the tree and have a dog that weighs more than 15lbs. The only fences that are allowed are post and rail or shadow box, so the stockade fence is out (apparently no electric or barb wire either). From talking to my neighbors, it seems no one is willing to complain about the shady application of the rules in fear it will come back to bite them (seems everyone has an issue they can be evicted for). The rules state that only 4 people are allowed per trailer, one dog, and one cat. I think there should be a fee for cats too, but then I think a lot of people would set their cats free or not admit ownership and there are already too many feral cats wandering around. I suppose the park will now have grounds to evict the 11 people living in the little trailer (I have nicknamed the clown car) next to me.
Dean3

The rules are set if they are on paper,but,maybe they reserve the right to enforce them until someone breaks too many or walks the line in other ways,,like going to court before parting with the rent. Now,if too many residences start breaking the same rule then they might enforce it for everyone.

Look at it like raising kids,the rules are set *generally*,,,,some kids are older or better behaved and have earned the right to more freedom.The problem kids have to accept that or it's "tuff tittie" for them.. Sure sounds like you are a better behaved "kid".

The above is my theory,I can't possibly know for sure until I can gain access into your park owner's brainpan. :)

Dean

PS "elec/barb wire fences",, :lol:.. Razor wire makes good neighbors!! :lol:
Too bad you can't fence the entire yard and install a remote control gate for the car,,push a button and up it goes! Just like a garage door.
joedirt63

have to make friends with a couple of police dudes. have them park the cruiser in front of your house on a steady bases. or get afriend to dress up as a cop. it work for me , was haveing trouble with my landlord years ago, started trouble with the wife, she called me home from work, i was an armed security gaurd at the time, when i got home the landlord saw me and his jaw dropped,asked him what's wrong he said nu nu nuthing and went in his house, i just then realized that i didn't change out of my uniform or take off my gun belt. ha ha ha :lol: :lol: :lol:
"a man has got to know his limitations", clint eastwood. " i haven't found mine yet," me
Dean3

In the immortal words of Jimmy Hendrix "Heyyy joe,where you goin with that gun in your hand?".. :lol: Sounds like your land lord needed a lesson in manners.

IMO a man can joke with the ladies,even argue with them on occasion,,,but,,,he better not bully them or lay hands on in anger.If he does he deserves whatever he gets from whoever gives it,hopefully her big brothers.

Self defense is a different story though,like if she is the only wacko one and has a baseball bat swinging at his head! Then he can knock her out of the game.No harm no foul.

Dean
andreab

Update on the neighbor situation:

The park management knows about the 11 people in the one trailer. They are working on evicting them. They had a meeting with the owner of the trailer - he said he couldn't kick the other family out, because he is trying to get back with his girlfriend (I just say WHY???) and if he kicks them out, then she will leave too - ending the love/hate (holding hands today/punch you in the face tomorrow) relationship. So the other day the police show up - little girl told my son that the police were there to arrest her step-father, but he seems to be missing again. The crazy/drunk lady with the chicken a few homes up, was next door last night screaming at the mother - saying you are out of here in 2 days, I have connections, blah blah. The police came again. Well apparently the neighbors are going to court today again. So, is it bad Karma for me to hope to come home to an empty lot next to my trailer? As for the lady on the other side of me with the too close camper, she was told to get rid of it or move. The township was in the park inspecting also, but the park manager keeps saying that its private property so it the township won't do anything if you complain to them, huh?
joedirt63

private or not there are certain zoneing laws even the property owner must obey,he collects lot rent and pays township property taxes and what not, then he's subjected to the same zoneing codes of that of a landlord. what kind of a park is that place. our park owner has a grandfather cloe for this park. but if too many people complain about the same things then zoneing comes in and he has to abide by what they say .. save some money and get your home moved up here , several parks with empty lots. :idea: just a thought
Dean3

:lol: ,I just love this thread! It is among the best I've ever read on any site!

Dean
andreab

My one neighbor's (across the street) daughter likes to park in front of my trailer, which I told her she could during a party. The other day, the old lady's car is parked in front of my trailer, no one asked if I minded and they left it there all night and most of the next day (the parking in front of their trailer was open btw). I left a note on the car explaining that yes I had given permission to park there during their party, it was not an open invitation to hijack my parking spaces. Now the daughter has been coming over and she asks me questions like she is trying to get some dirt on me. She asks me does my dog bite and is he up to date on his shots, where does everyone sleep in your trailer? I think I will start to mess with her when she asks me stuff. She then says "did you see the note on my mom's car?" I say uhh, yeah I wrote it, even signed my name. I then had to explain, that I feel like I am being taken advantage of (knowing if I don't say something now, then they will assume my parking is their parking). I don't get why I need to explain common courtesey to people. She also says to me "you got your wish the people next to me are being evicted in 60 days" I would have preferred the "I won the lottery" wish to come true, but I will take what I can get. Its gonna be the best Halloween EVER!!!
Dean3

Wise thinking on the parking,especially if they are people that have derelict cars sitting around,you could end up inheriting a junker. Mom used to say "No good deed goes unpunished",she,like you,would often do good deeds so she knew just how true that is.

Halloween? You got plans to mess with them or did you mean they will probably mess with you?!?! :lol: I'm confusticated and bedazzled.
Harry

This is better than any soap.

When she asks "where does everyone sleep in your trailer?"...tell her everyone sleeps on the kitchen floor with the frig door open ... been so hot lately.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
andreab

Dean3 - The neighbors are supposed to be out by October 31st, but they seem to be like a bad fungus and never go away. My kids and my friend's (yes I made a friend in my park) want to set up a haunted house in my yard and scare people.

Harry - Too funny, if she asks me again, (and she will because she has already asked me where we all sleep several times before) I will tell her that, plus in the winter we sleep with the oven open.