Stopping in to say howdy!!

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

oldfart

Well folks I know it's been a coons age since I posted but I haven't forgot ya'll! I come in and read often but haven't had much time to dally. My apoligies. Anyway, things is goin' good here at The Homeplace and trust all here are doing well. Haven't begun working on the home yet....turkey season intervened you know. My project for this year is to install new skirting as mine is an assortment of metal/odd chunks of plywood and old fiberboard junk. I'm reading all the posts I can on skirting and read the tutorial on metal skirting..hadn't thought of metal. Hmmmm...? I'll have to see what's available locally. I presume it's actually skirting material and not metal roofing panels? I look for this job to be a real treat as the skirting goes from 1in. to 4ft. from end to end. Arrrggghhh! And I suppose when I rip off the old I'll have to lay plastic sheeting under the home...sigh. Now seems to be a good time to start..the poison ivy is growing rampant, plenty of wasps, bees, spiders, fleas, ticks and an odd assortment of snakes wrigglin' around under there. Ohhh happy day! Inside I'm puddy much done except for hanging some cabinetry in the computor room and touching up cracks (LOTS OF CRACKS) in the drywall ceiling. Well, that's all for now but I'll be stopping by to read and submit when I can. Ya'll take care!! YMHS...Audie..the Oldfart..:)
Greg

IT'S ALIVE!!!!We were wondering if you fell off the face of the earth.

The metal skirting IS actually roof sheets. You can buy what ever length you need to have as little waste as possible. say you have an average of 3' high skirt needed stay away from 8' panels since you would have 2' of wasted metal, go with a 12' and have little waste. Plus there are many colors available. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Robert

Hey Audie,

Great to hear from you. I took up turkey hunting this year finally and got taken to school big time. :lol:

Try this for the cracks in drywall, scroll down page to it:

http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... Cracks-4oz

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
sd0321

wt heck is a coon's age? Twelve blue moons? You not posting is like Dean Koontz taking a hiatus from writing fiction.....cancel your internet entirely or what? How is the cat? How is the girlfriend? The vehicle? Washed your curtains lately, ha ha....Sherry
oldfart

Well folks thanks for the warm welcome back. I stop in and read quite a bit. I'm going thru 932 posts now on skirting..think my eyes are starting to bleed. Anyways to answer a few concerns. Yes, Carol and I are still together. Going on 5yrs. now..go figger? She must be a masochist! ;) Turkey hunting went better than average. I actually did get one with my ca. 1762 flintlock!! Wrote the story up on Muzzleloader Magazines Campfire. (under Tall Tales....IT'S ON CUZZ!) Also, finally got rid of the Astro van and bought a new car. 2010 Toyota Corolla. Nice car. 40mpg but not a lot of room fer a two-hunnad-an-fiddy pounder. Been working 6 nights a week in the bakery a lot. Took 'em 3 months to find a replacement manager after ours quit. Arrrggghhh! Now folks are taking vacations so I'm still working overtime. Chubbie just had another load of kittens..4 this time. Found homes for 2..the other 2 are ripping my house apart! ARRRGGHH! Oh yes..still haven't had a drink yet! That's 1 1/2yrs. sober! How's Yanita doing with the "quit smoking" thing? :) Dean still growin' his own?? Well, 'bout time to get some supper and clean up the cats mess. Ya'll take care and I'll be stoppin' by! Audie..the Oldfart..
sd0321

Now that's more like it...night owl's have to have something interesting to read when they are still up at past seven am.... :-)
Dean3

Hi Audie! Glad to see ya! Next thing ya know you'll be bangin round the woods with a matchlock! When I was a teen I built a percussion rifle kit,stained it,blued it,and screwed it together.

I have last year's tobacco aging in a storage BR!! :lol: I can get away with that as long as I'm livin alone,no self respecting GF would ever allow it :? . I didn't start any seedlings this year. I'm waiting to see what happens with the tobacco parity act. I have been stuffin the Criss Cross Smooth and Four Aces Mellow at $25 lb. That's a good enough price to keep me out of the "fields". Now that I know I can grow it there's a backup plan when the do-gooders hit us with parity.

The BR was cold storage over winter,I doubt it aged/cured much till it warmed and the humidity came up a bit. I don't plan to build a curing chamber til I see how this goes. Any real taste test has yet to be done,no need to hurry,it's kinda like aging wine.

The stuffin machine is holding up well (knock wood),at 1st I thought for sure I'd break it inside. Sure helps alot to clean the leading edge of the blade/ram,,once I got on to that practice it works alot easier. Getting a better feel for the amount needed helped too,makes a big difference if it has some finer or drier tobacco mixed in with the regular cut.

Dean