Trouble with Neighbors

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

andreab

I just bought a 2005 mobile home in a trailer park and I just don't get the politics(?) of living in one. I moved in January (over the holidays fun stuff) with my two kids and dog. I thought everything was fine and I had nice neighbors, but recently my one neighbor "kindly" told me that the two trailers across the street think that I am a snob and ignorant. Also, letters from the trailer park went out recently to people that have issues to take care of, so I am being blamed for being this too - they refer to me as the devil that gets them in trouble. The one neighbor actually told the other one loudly that I complained about her friends on motorcycles (they are not allowed in the park now) because I am afraid of motorcycles. My friends ride motorcycles, so I wasn't even aware I had a motorcycle phobia. Good thing she is a psychologist as well as being pyschic. The thing is I keep to myself, not because I am a snob, just because I am a single mother and work, going to school, and taking care of my family takes a lot of my time. I try not to get sucked into other people's drama, but these people know nothing about my life and I resent the fact that I am being called ignorant, because I try very hard not to judge people, and I was taught to respect others and their property.

Anyway, thanks for letting my vent and let me know if you have gone through anything similiar and how you dealt with it.
bilbar25

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are." :wink:
[color=red]When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.
Live your life so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice![/color]
Greg

Hi & welcome. Welcome to the world of parks. There are people out there that are just looking for someone to blame for all of their problems ( It's easier than admitting they are losers), Just keep up what you are doing and things will be fine. Try to Keep a good relationship with everyone especially the management of the park it will help. Take what you hear second hand with a grain of salt, they could be trying to stir the pot.

Once people find out that you are not interested in playing their games things should quiet down, but remember there will always be some that just have to run their mouths. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Harry

Hi

Great photo!

I lived in a park in Davie, Fl (south Florida). The owner lived in California. The park manager was really tough. I got written up all the time. This would include a fine which got added on to your rent. Lots of "palace guards" would rat me out. Wash the MH, cut the grass, trim the bushes...blah, blah blah.

You could not feed the animals. Lots of birds would come in the winter. I would buy day old bread....lots of birds came around. The park said no..the birds are dirty and might be sick. I said the birds were probably cleaner than most people. From then on I bought 5 lb bags of bird seed and dumped it by the office in the wee hours.

I finally moved to my own property....which was a happy day for all.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Jim from Canada

Much the same here with people trying to stick their noses where they don't belong. I have become more anti social as a result. Let them go on with their pitiful existence, but don't draw me in just to suck the life out of me like a bunch of vampires. I smile and wave as I drive by, but get involved as little as possible.
joedirt63

it's tuff , the homes being close together here too, there's always one who knows all the dirt in the park and it usually the park managers wife, ha ha .sound like you got a bunch of old hens clucking around .throw some corn and keep on walking.
"a man has got to know his limitations", clint eastwood. " i haven't found mine yet," me
andreab

Thanks for the advice! I am trying not to let these people bother me, but its hard for me not to be annoyed. They use the word ignorance as a derogatory term and they have no clue what the word means. I am polite to most people and the two neighbors I just completely ignore.
Greg

"Ignorance is easily overcome by education, stupidity is forever" !!!
Think positive, you dog has more brains than your neighbors. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
joedirt63

yeah greg , you can't fix stupid. lol they call me tater salad, rotflol. sorry some times funny things just pop in my head.
"a man has got to know his limitations", clint eastwood. " i haven't found mine yet," me
Lorne

joedirt63 wrote:yeah greg , you can't fix stupid. lol they call me tater salad, rotflol. sorry some times funny things just pop in my head.
And your kid is called "Tatter Tot", I guess? :D

Never apologize for "Funny", cause there just ain't enough of it.

To be Really funny usually takes more intelligence.

We live in a Senior Park, 55 years old to Senile. And Senile is popular.
How come people get grouchy and stupid as they age.

We keep to our selves also and I can imagine what some folks say about us, BUT who cares as long as they don't control your life.

"Familiarity breeds contempt". Look how much trouble big "Families" have when it comes to getting along. Parks are the same thing, except they are not all related,usually.

To the Original poster, keep on keeping on. You seem to have the right attitude. :D
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.
Greg S

If you really want to get under the skin of the two neighbours that are the problem be polite and friendly to them the same as you treat everyone else.
There is nothing more disarming for a trouble maker than being treated nice regardless of how they treat you. They may not change but it will confuse the hell out of them.
An individual must enforce his own meaning in life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses. (Anton LaVey)
Dean3

They could be blaming you cause you are the "new kid" and it's easy,or maybe there's a hidden troublemaker involved that is "feeding" the ones that are more vocal. Be patient,be aware,take it in stride till you get a better feel for them all.
Perhaps above all things,trust your gut when you talk to new people,or anyone for that matter,your gut knows everything you know and more,it is your subconcious after all,wich supposedly remembers everything. "Food for thought" if nuthin else.

I'm lucky in that most folks here keep to themselves like I do,but,are friendly enough when we do visit,makes life here in "tiny town,midwest" more to my liking. That's not to say it's all perfect,it's not,but we seem to tolerate well enough.

Dean
andreab

Just an update - things have quieted down in the park. I haven't heard anymore about what people are saying about me and I don't care. I say hi to most people and just ignore the trouble makers. My one neighbor told me she got people evicted but they all came back (I am not sure if she is drunk or just crazy). The people next to me are being sued and evicted, but I don't care because he finally skirted his trailer so I don't have to look at the trash and guts hanging down under his trailer anymore when I sit on my patio. I am thinking about filming my own reality show called "Trailerlicious".
Dean3

Maybe she's both drunk and a nutcase.
Trailerlicious? Post a link when the 1st edition is done! I'll check it out. :)

Good luck,be safe,enjoy.

Dean
Harry

Yep - "Trailerlicious" - Run a couple of short movies on Youtube to get started. Let us know when you do. Could be something big. Sounds like fun for sure.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?