This Old Trailer Online

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Jaie

flgmtech wrote:The link I sent in my last post, has allot of very innovative pictures of add ons and conversions as well as a few pretty well decorated trailers, ooops.. manufactured homes. I urge those of you with an open mind to take a look
http://www.missouritrailertrash.com/
Tim
I LOVE that site. And have visited it a few times, and shared it on my journal. One of the more light hearted looks at trailer/mobile/not going anyplace living. I love the ones with cars in the yard on blocks. I need to do a pictorial of this area at some point.
JD
Site Admin

Yep, typed out words on forums and chat lack the expressions of conversation, even with smileys and such. There is also the fact that an open forum will have people with different viewpoints. Personally, I did not see Jaie's comments using the word trailer as derogatory. I could see that she enjoys her viewpoint and has even a tone of endearment with her trailer.

When I hear the word trailer, I think of that 50's model New Moon from the Lucille Ball movie, Long Long Trailer. A lot of people really get into restoring trailers like these and Teardrops and old Air streams. They are quaint and all, and we still have folks living in things like the New Moon in some of our mobile home parks. We still have a couple of MHPs here that use trailer park in their name.

Funny thing is, there are upscale mobile home parks that do not allow older homes, or metal roofs into their park. While every home in their park is by definition, a manufactured home. They are not called Manufactured Home Parks. They are called Mobile Home Parks or for a few dollars more, Mobile Home Estates. :)

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Yanita

Hi,

Sometimes around here they have shows that include those old air stream homes.

They have some great ideas in them for space savings, alot of the renos can cost alot of cash if returned to original...we personally love looking at them.

Yeah, LOL, Jaie does have terms of endearments about her home, personally I have enjoyed her site, and sense of humor about it all! Not everyone can have that when you fall through the floor! :wink:

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Jaie

Yanita wrote:Hi,
Yeah, LOL, Jaie does have terms of endearments about her home, personally I have enjoyed her site, and sense of humor about it all! Not everyone can have that when you fall through the floor! :wink:
~Yanita~
I'd go insane if I didn't. I haven't gone through it a third time, so I think it knows I'm replacing it and is moping. It'll probably break my leg to get even for buying a younger woman..err..trailer...um..mobile home :roll:
Jaie

JD wrote:tone of endearment with her trailer.
JD
*snort* glad the hate ain't showing. And I do feel it some days trust me.

I just figure there is more to get upset with in this place than whether I call it a trailer or a mobile home. Falling through the floor, exploding water pipes, outlets that burst into flames (when nothing has been plugged in them in months) and let's not forget the skunk that wandered in here last year.
Harry

Hi All

Great post'n.

I'm ok with "trailer". My wife says I've got a case of "reverse snobbery". She watches Dr. Phil alot.

The home of my dreams got stuck in traffic.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

ROFL!!!
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Jaie

LOL! Reverse snobbery. Dr. Phil is a smart guy :lol:

As I said, as long as it's called home I fondly even call it the tin can.