:( Mobile Home fire

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

PennylessZ28

Geez, I just moved into this neighborhood. I noticed that most of the people here are elderly in my area and more then likely poverty line or low fixed income individuals.

http://www.wvec.com/news/topstories/sto ... 3e594.html

Anyways, I was cutting my shrubs and saw all this smoke at the end of my street, and an older mans home was on fire. These things burn up fast.

The poor old man didn't have insurance, so he lost everything. What a shame.

Makes me glad that I already have insurance and that I bought new smoke detectors and fire extinguisher's yesterday.

But I have a pet, I'd hate to loose her if I wasn't home. :(

I'm glad to be blessed. I'm taking some stuff to him to help out. And going to see if my church can help.
Harry

Hi

I've seen a few MH fires in my time. I'm still amazed how fast they burn. We keep important papers in a safety deposit box. No time to gather up stuff when she goes up....knocking on wood.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
lonestar1947

Recently near Oceana, didn't they close a mobilehome park and throw everyone out? How is management in keeping up the standards in the park? I think it's great there's a place for people to stay that's economical, but I've seen where management lets the standards slip in these parks, and that image hurts all of us.
PennylessZ28

lonestar1947 wrote:Recently near Oceana, didn't they close a mobilehome park and throw everyone out? How is management in keeping up the standards in the park? I think it's great there's a place for people to stay that's economical, but I've seen where management lets the standards slip in these parks, and that image hurts all of us.
That park was behind where I grew up, I used to live in Kempsville Lakes, that park was run down to the hill. And was trouble area.

The management there, sold it and gave those people 2 weeks to move. They are building condos in the mid 300's there now.

A lot of low income people lost everything becuase they could not afford to move their homes.

Complete crap IMO. I can't believe the city of Virginia Beach let that happen, but again, almighty dollar.

County View is nearly 60 years old, it's well managed and their are a lot of old people that live there. It's so old, that the park was split in two by I-264

I'm here cause I want to save more money for my first home and stop spending it on rent.