email notification of rplies?

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Dean3

In my;

"User control panel" under "Board preferances" and "Edit posting defaults" I have "Notify me upon replies by default" checked "Yes",,,,does that mean I should get an email when a reply is posted to a topic I've posted to? Currently I don't get them.I used to use the "watch topic" on the other site format wich worked well.

I did resubmit my above settings just now,dunno if that will fix it or not. Getting the email notifications could be a great reminder to check a topic.

Dean
Greg

Well since I don't use it I honestly can't say for sure, but it may very well be another casualty of the new forum format. The Photo album, Spell check and a few other features are gone also. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Robert

Hi Dean,

I get them, a little slowly, but I do get them.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Dean3

Hi Robert. I haven't seen a one since the format change. That may have been the reason I didn't respond much to the deck thread I started a while back. Pretty bad when a guy starts a thread then doesn't even participate much! :roll: :) Email notifications are the function I miss the most from the old format.This is still a way cool site tho,please don't anybody get me wrong.

I wonder if there's another setting I need to activate to make the notify setting work,,is that a possibility?

Dean

Who? Me? I'm humble but grumbly grateful.
Robert

Hey Dean,

I don't know about the settings, never touched any and kept getting them when the new format happened.

Heck, I'm so computer illiterate, I'm thrilled if I can log on, LOL.

The deck thread is like throwing a party and not being there. :lol:

Thanks,
Robert

PS: Humble and grumbly can't be combined. So I'd say you are humbly grateful with an on the side occasional grumbly presence. :wink:
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?