Attn. All tool junkies

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Greg

The DYI network is running the Greatest must have tools series all weekend. I was watching last night (for too long) and they do have some neat new tools featured, as well as some that would never be used but worth looking at anyway. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

Thanks for the tip on the show. I'll be looking for it. I wanted to show off my new toy/tool. It's the Rigid One-Hand reciprocating saw. It caught my eye on my way to plumbing supplies and had to try it. It is small and lightweight and extra handy. I was working on a floor repair job and I thought this lightweight saw would be easier to use. It was great!!! I will save my big Porter Cable Tiger Saw for bigger demolition jobs. For subfloors, this mini saw is perfect.

First of all, the weight and size is real nice. It has a light to light up the cut area. It has a 1/2" stroke which is safer around wiring and plumbing. The big sawzall tools usually have 1 1/4" stroke. There is a lot more control. It is great for cutting ABS drain pipe installed on the home with the one hand operation and light weight. With the small size, 1/2" stroke and a 6" blade, they easily make plunge cuts in the middle of the wood. Just lay the tool down flat, pull the trigger to full speed, and slowly lift the rear of the saw and it makes it's own entry hole with no kick back and bent blades.

One caution, with the exposed two finger trigger, it is easy to run the saw when picking it up. One recommendation, use the blue Irwin wood & metal blades, they cut so much better than any of the demo style blades. One hint, this saw cuts pretty slow when you just muscle the tip through the cut. The big saws can do that kind of stuff. Push the blade down to the metal guard and have close to a 90 degree angle and this saw will rip!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Greg

JD, I had a brain freeze, it's called "cool tools". I don't know if you have the DYI channel where you are but here's a link. They are also doing daily give aways. Greg

http://www.diynetwork.com/cool-tools-ho ... com&c5=SEM
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

uuuughhhhh...Boys and their toys!
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!