Looking at new Lexington

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

peachlizard

Hi, Our local MH dealer is going out of business after 40 yrs. They have one model left, a Lexington 28x52, she said 1312 sq ft. What do we need to look for in going and looking at this brand new home? They have come down to $47,000 as they're desperate to stop paying the company to have it sit on their lot for the past year, and everything else has sold. Can anyone tell me who the actual maker of the home is, and if this is a quality home at a good price? What size stud walls should we be expecting, 2x3? Insulation? Thank you to anyone who can give any details, Elizabeth Jackson
Old Ticker
Yanita

I would thnk the dealership would have the info as to what size studs, insulation and who the manufacturer is etc. Beings that it is a new home you are at least at HUD standards.

Since it has been there look for the obvious damage of cosmetic stuff, dangling under belly material, etc...

You can also go to the article I wrote with the help of members and read through it and possibly gain info from there. You can also print it out...

I will be moving this to the Off Topic forums as it is not about repairs.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!