Happy Day to you!!!

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

kashton

I would just like to wish all the Mothers and Grandmothers a Happy Mothers Day, just in case no-one else starts a topic for it on sunday.

Kelly :wink: :D
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I'm at the front, twirling a baton!
Yanita

Thanks Kashton,

Not sure what my sons have planned for the day. Really do not want a gift, just an afternoon of their time. :lol:

Seems we all get caught up in our everyday lives and just never take the time to sit and visit.

I am not suppose to know but my middle granddaughter Kayla (4) told me on the phone..."she knows a surprise for me this weekend and I need to be hungry."

Hopefully it will be a pretty day and we can all enjoy a cookout and the pool!

You have a great mothers day as well!

And yes, being a Grandmother is wonderful, all the joys of parenthood, yet not the responsibilities, and we can spoil, have fun and then send them home! :lol:

Happy Mother"s Day!

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
kashton

It is always fun to feed them sugar, and buy them cheap noisy toys to send them home with.

My mother always said to me "I hope you have kids just like you." Didn't really know what she meant, until I had kids of my own. I have to admit though, y kids are ANGLES compared to my sister's kids. I think I got the wrong ones!!! I was the bad one as kids!
Sylvia

Yanita, yeppers, that's all I want too. My oldest son lives in the town I work in, but works very odd hours and hasn't been here in a coons age. I think since January. :cry: He's coming over tomorrow! I'm so happy.

Boy two, in Savannah, GA bought a cell phone so I'll get to hear from him I'm sure too. He hasn't had any means of communication since he broke up with his old girlfriend about six months ago.

I think we're going to garden together. I make old boy dig holes and I put the plants in and he complains. It's a ritual. Then we walk around and he talks about all the work and holes he's done in his life and admires the plants and flowers and how they've grown. :)
JD
Site Admin

Sylvia wrote:I think we're going to garden together. I make old boy dig holes and I put the plants in and he complains. It's a ritual. Then we walk around and he talks about all the work and holes he's done in his life and admires the plants and flowers and how they've grown. :)
How funny! That is how I garden! Yes, Happy Day to all you Mother's out there! Hmmm that didn't sound right.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Harry

Hi

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Maureen

Hi Kashton!

Thanks so much! I always do my best to post those special occasions to the board at the very least these days! I know I haven't been around much since you've joined our family, so it's understandable!

The good news is that I have about a week left to turn over the old business..... still working out fine details, they never end LOL! It's been sold, but it's taking forever to get everything transferred. grrrrrrrrr!

Yes, to all of our mother's out there, enjoy your special day tomorrow! I know I will!

After wrapping up some last minute work, I get to spend some time with my sister, one of my best buddies. I can't wait! The boys went out and actually bought me a new outfit to wear tomorrow. Picture two year old boys in a womens store at the mall shopping for mom. They must have had a good sales women, because they did good! They couldn't wait to show me, they gave it to me tonight. Dinner tomorrow is being catered by the restaurant that they work at. That's been arranged. Topping on the cake is that we'll all be together tomorrow night!

I can't wait until tomorrow!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
kashton

Well, as usual, my hubby is out of town. Troyster's son is spending the night here tonight, so Troyster and wife have some time together. Tomorrow, we are all having dinner over there. My daughter writes me messages on the chalk board in the laundryroom, so I read them everytime I go past. She is such a sweetheart. She grew me a plant, and made me a card at school. My son will give me a kiss and hug in the morn, and then offer to pay me the money he owes me for video games. I never see the money, but I should be able to retire if he ever does pay me.
flgmtech

To all the Moms,
May your day be happy and filled with bliss,
may your hubby pay attention and give you a kiss,
if your kids are away I am sure you will miss,
their smiling faces and warmest embraces,
so if you awake to the smell of burnt toast,
if they attempt to make you a roast,
if at the end of this day dishes stand,
at least it turned out just like you planned.

Happy Mothers Day

Tim
Yanita

Great poem Tim, I grinned while reading it.

Thankfully on the rare occasions that everyone is here everyone helps with clean up so it is not left for me at a latter time! :D

I raised my sons to not be afraid to help with "womens work"!

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!