HI New MH owner

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

DCDiva

We--my dh and I-- are buying 2 older 1973 12x46 2BR mobile homes and a house that are all on a large lot--the location is 3 hours from our home--why lol-- our daughter( dd ) is going to attend college in this town next fall --the house is currently rented,that will pay the mortgage, one MH will be our dd(save me @8,000 a yr vs dorm) and the other we will rent out,rent is high in this area,which is a big plus. We are great DIY we have built many kitchens,baths,2nd stories--in one long week lol---we have almost done everything you can think of--if i can figure out how to do it i will put a few of our before/after online photo albums here--we own many homes that we rent out so we are landlords and I own a childcare center,my husband runs a chemical plant--so we DIY in our spare time :) we love projects.
We are not afraid to take on a MH remodel but will have many ?'s the need to's are new roof,all floors,kitchen,all plumbing--we have The Manual by Mark Bower so many of our ?'s are answered and I will be on here reading all the posts and i still have some new ?'s
Great to meet everyone
DCDiva

I forgot to add the link to album--if this works I will post others in off topic area
http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/cre ... 2099502471
Kimpossible

Welcome to the board and welcome to mobile home ownership. Wow! You have your work cut out for you. Here's hoping your projects go quickly and smoothly. Will be anxious to see the after pictures.

Luck be with you.
K
Yanita

Hi,

Welcome to the site. Judging by what I saw in the pics you will be glad you purchased the manual. Every MH owner needs one in their tool box. Wishing you the best in your endeavors of Mh ownership and repairs...unfortunately I do not think you will not save any money. both of those mobiles are in pretty rough shape.

I am going to move this thread to off topics as of now it is not repairs related. Thanks for sharing pics with us.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Greg

Talk about a time warp!! I would almost swear I was looking at our daughter's home if the water heater & bath tub were falling through the floor.

My advice to you to get a big roll off dumpster and totally gut it right down to the studs and roof trusses. You may want to relevel the home before you start rebuilding.

If there is any question as the the sub floor, replace it.

Windows, replace them with quality windows before you redo the walls.

Plumbing, again with everything open change to PEX. Now would be the time to move any walls to allow for a full size bath tub, It is easier to find 60" tubs than 54" mobile tubs.

Electrical, again the walls are open. Upgrade to standard boxes, switches & outlets if you have the mobile home type. Make sure there is no Aluminum wiring.

Make no mistake, this is not going to be a quick job, it took me about 3 months nights & weekends on her's. About the time you think you see a light at the end of the tunnel, you find more that should be done. Take your time and do it right. Trust me on this, been there, done that! Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."