Junior gone from DEI

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Robert

Junior, Martin Truex, Tony,Jr., Budweiser gone from DEI and adjoining anew with Junior Racing, Inc..

Looks like Dooner had enough. Only speculation until tomorrows news conference at 11 EST.

However, sounds like close sources have leaked enough to have a good idea of what's coming.

Speculation is that DEI may be suspended for now, not sure if he'll continue to race this year or not.

Stay tuned to Speed Channel which will air live at the news conference tomorrow morning.
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Yanita

Hi,

Are you for real!!!!

I read awhile ago the Dooner might have some deals on the side with going to RCR. You will have to keep me posted..I refuse to pay my cable company 139.00 monthly to get the speed channel package!

I am an avid race fan, but this year I just can't seem to keep up with life, family, work and nascar, so it has taken the back seat!

Have a great day!

PS...mods, I will be leaving May24th and not returning until late on the 28th...Concorde bound!!!! WOOOOO HOOOO!!!! :lol:
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Harry

Hi Robert

Where do you get your info? Good source. Just heard the news conference will be later today.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
macmom

I told my husband late last year that Jr would be leaving. He said no way...I knew it was coming. I cant say that I blame him. He is too good of a driver to not be a contender every week. Even tho I am not a Jr fan, I do think he made the right move. DEI will struggle without him. My money is on RCR....But one thing about nascar and I have followed it closely for 15 yrs, years ago 43 cars took the green and 43 cars were a contender every week. Now its only maybe 5 and the other 5 just try to stay in the points for the chase but then the rest, they only ride around in circles to make it exciting for the fans. Nascar is going to have to do something to allow the other cars to be contenders. And personally I dont think the "car of tomorrow" is the answer. Just my thoughts. Macmom
Yanita

Yup,

Heard it on the radio on my way home from work...Dooner is leaving DEI...

Not sure where he will go... RCR, Junior Racing...BUT, it was also said today that Jr might have been talking with Joe Gibbs as well.

At any rate, Budweiser is going with Jr, no surprise there, and possibly Truex as well.

I think I heard them say Jr will announce where he is going tomorrow!

Stay tuned...

Yanita
Robert

Well he is leaving after this season ends. Said he will listen to ALL offers then decide what is best for him.

He and Theresa could not come to terms on contract negotiations for him and his sister to have at least 51% for control of DEI, that's why he left.

Rumors said she wanted $50 to $75 million for him to have control, but rumors are often groundless.

He said he and his sister believe their Dad intended for them to have DEI.

Now, he is talking and listening to all offers, but wants to remain with Chevy, so that narrows it down.

Bud is with him and DEI thru 2008 , so that remains to be unclear, but all believe Bud follows Dooner wherever.

He called DW and asked him to fly in and be there with him for news conference and Darrell complied.

He said his Dad made the #3 what it was, it was his and he has no desire to drive #3 except later down the road maybe just to honor his Dad.

Hendrick is out of picture due to having the limit of 4 teams already.

Rick did offer to lease Dooner engines if he goes with his own team, which he said is his last option if all else fails.

He wants to drive and go where he can win and it will compliment Junior Motorsports as well as JMI complimenting it.

So Junior/Harvick, Junior/Stewart are top choices to most outsiders, but he said he ain't close to any decision yet, but will be somewhere for 2008.

Stay tuned............... !!

BTW Harry, Speed Channel and sports channels and insiders giving info from other sites I'm on.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
HouseMedic

IF you want info on Nascar fast and early this site is the best. Very, Very rarely does a rumor come off this site that is not true.
http://jayski.com/

Ron
Yanita

Hi Ron,

I love that site...what happened to the Kangaroo court?

~Yanita~
Harry

Hi

Will Jr. win today?

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?