$$$ for clunker appliances

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Old Spam Can

i heard that in september they will announce a 200 dollar rebate for your old major appliance when you purchase an energy star rated one.....stay tuned.
Greg

More "FREE" money!!! I can't wait to pay for it. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Robert

Ditto what Greg said !! :x
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Lorne

"UP TO"
Possibly $20 UP TO $200.
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.
DavidW

Greg: "I can't wait to pay for it."

More than likely it will be your children and grandchildren that will be paying the Federal Reserve back for the clunkers.

These stimulus programs (what a gross name)
will only deepen and lengthen the recession and increase unemployment and under-employment. (Under FDR, the USA was the last country on earth to come out of the Depression. Thanks, Frankie)

DeeCee already knows this. It's a power grab on their part.

So now we'll see people going out and charging the balance for a new frig when otherwise, they would not have gone into debt with their clunker appliance.

(Same thing with the clunker car program. People got herded into being debt slaves to a new car with a gov't cash give-away.)

Turning in working, old appliances is a huge waste of resources. It takes material and energy to generate new appliances. I don't see the logic in this clunker policy.
Greg

I guess that in a twisted way it does actually create some jobs, but at a greater cost than paying unemployment.

The thing that got me about the car program was that the the people with credit enough to qualify for new cars don't drive "clunkers". Greg
Norm

Add to that, the clunkers they took in were permanently destroyed meaning that they couldn't be put into salvage, driving up parts costs to those who keep their almost-clunkers going with used parts...

Dumb, dumb, dumb program.

IMO: The feds need to go back to protecting our borders and let states be states again.
Greg

That's what I thought, but I was in a yard last week that DID have CLUNKER cars. Greg
Yanita

Hi,

I have a few friends that work at dealerships..the cars are not being destroyed, although the engines are blown, they do it with some chemical they put in the engine. The rest of the car is salvageable.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Harry

Hi

Yanita is correct.

The engine is seized with a solution of 40% sodium silicate and 60% water. The feds have a step by step procedure. Google it if you wish.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Lorne

If they "Part Out" the clunkers they make more money, even without an engine. We're talking "Chop Shop".
As for Cash for Appliances, NUTS.
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.