The trouble with cats...

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

oldfart

Well folks I know it's been a spell since I wrote but its been a busy summer. Today I'm taking a break from laying self-stick floor tiles and thought I'd share this story with ya'll. Where do I begin.. O.K....somehow one of them feral cats wound up staying inside for a spell. Her name is Chubba-Dubba. This is only temporary..mind that! Anyways she started gaining weight real fast a while back and yeah..she got preggers. So move forward to July 3rd.....midnight to be precise. I'm dozing on the recliner and Chubby is tossing and turning whilst laying on my lap and then GOOOOOSH!!! I'm in half a stupor and not nearly awake and my first thought when I felt warm liquid running all over my netherparts was...."Awww ++++! Now I'm incontintent..whatinell else can go wrong!!" Turned out it was her "water" breaking. I don't know if that really made me feel any better but I jumped up and tossed her into a box and ran for the shower. She delivered 3 puddy kittens. They aren't staying indoor either...just temporary till they find homes. Now fast forward to today. Chubby is helping me lay floor tiles. Actually she's stealing my pencils. tape measures and stuff and generally being a pest. Then I made a mistake. Peeled the paper back off the "self-stick floor tile" and layed it down sticky-side up. Just long enough to light up a smoke...and plenty of time for Chubby to step right in the middle of it! First her front paws...then her back paws...and then for some reason tried to use her forehead to pull her paws loose. Ya'll just had to see it to believe it!! HAW!HAW!HAW! Well I got her free but she looks a bit tattered now and she's maddernell! And that's todays story. Ya'll take care and I'll be back soon. Audie..the Oldfart!
bilbar25

Good to see Audie on here again......missed his posts.

I thought perhaps he had been attacked by "Killer-Chubba", and had gone to that great litter-box in the sky !!

:wink:
[color=red]When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.
Live your life so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice![/color]
Demolition

I went to visit a semi-girlfriend. It is shaky but she still has my DVD player so I have to be nice...

Anyway I changed from my jeans to gym shorts to watch a movie with her. I put my jeans on the floor.

After the movie I got up to leave and her cat had tinkled on my jeans.

I asked her if she and the cat had been talking bad about me while I was gone.
Call Dinwiddie Demolition we'll tear that house right down.
Sweep up every splinter n haul it out of town
topcat

feral cats around here = target practice.......nasty creatures they are, definitely not house pets by any means. They destroy everything they touch, including cars and homes....
'If you tolerate this, then your children will be next'
Harry

Hi

Feral cats hunt on the property. One orange cat lives under the shed. He does not like other cats or people...he just wants to be left alone. There is plenty on game on the property to feed him.

The only thing he has to watch out for is the Great Horned Owls that share the property.

If I call the county animal control he will be taken away and probably killed. Not a good option.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Greg S

Feral cats and strays can be a real problem in our park. City people think it is a good idea to drop off there unwanted cats near the park.
Some take pity on them and put food out which makes the problem even worse.
Constantly have to tell people not to feed strays.
Some times they get to be a serious nusance but tend to disappear when a fisher or fox moves into the area.
Yanita

Great story Audie...

Ummm, seems Chubba has spent considerable time inside!

For those that have feral cats call your local Saving Grace. They will lend you a trap. Trap the animal and they will spay/neuter the animal. You must bring the animal back to your location though.

You want problems, try dealing with a pack of feral dogs! They are vicious.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Robert

IF it is a feral/stray cat or dog, it will get a little mercy and some warnings.

IF not gone in ample time or IF it shows one iota of viciousness, I will dispatch it immediately with extreme prejudice.

Tried the be kind to strays thing and made the calls to shelters and rescue organizations to no avail.

After many hours of repairs, many dollars for said damage and repairs and many close calls with vicious animals gone wild.

I no longer give it a second thought, just take care of business and move on.

The more you feed 'em, the more you help to breed 'em. The rescues and shelters are overloaded and it is a shame.

Others do it different and have sucess and I am happy and glad with that, just no longer an option or chance I will take and endure.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Yanita

I understand everyone has different approaches and recommendations. At no time am I saying I am right and someone else is wrong.

For myself I try to save what I can, including feeding, spaying/neutering and vaccinations for cats! I am a cat lover!

Now, this pack of wild dogs is something else all together. There was 3 , now there is only 2. Seems one of them got caught up in a wired fence (not mine). It was on property adjacent to mine. neighbors were down right pissed that I nor my hubby would go and remove and bury this animal.

These other 2 dogs have prevented me from entering/exiting my home and car! We do not feed them and have resorted to putting our trash cans in the garage. Or risk them shredding them! I can not shoot or otherwise harm these pest! To do so and be reported makes me the criminal, not the idiots that abandoned these animals!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Harry

Hi

Our county ordinanace says says in part "It shall be unlawful for any person to harbor, feed and/or keep any stray animal".

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Robert

IF the dog is on your property and shows aggressive behavior and is a danger to you, it is not unlawful to shoot it/them.

Call animal control or police/sheriff's office.

NOT a cat lover, but do try to help/save what I can and have rescued/fed adopted out many.

However, if dangerous or destructive, I defend myself, family and property.

Wiped out an entire brigade of brown recluses it appears,LOL.

Hey Yanita, after 2 years and 3 months and 17 days, we are MOVING in our other home, LOL.

We have already been here most of last 2 weeks, moving things a little at a time.

NO brown recluses in a year, hope it holds to that.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Greg

The bottom line is that pets REQUIRE responsible owners. If you are going to have a pet, TAKE CARE OF THEM!!! Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Harry

Hi

Couple killed by feral dogs.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-ge ... og.Attack/

Harry
sd0321

Audie ~ maybe you ought to patent that....get a floor tile manufacturer to make little 4x4 inch pieces....if it'll trap a cat, it sure as heck could trap a mouse, probably better than those sticky traps they sell! :-) Ha ha ~ Sherry
sd0321

I had to come back and read this post again.... I find it so funny that this cat, that was never going to be an inside cat, is still inside Audie's place, and having kittens to boot!

And just the vision of this cat getting stuck on that floor tile strikes me as hilarious....I mean, the cat is okay, no harm done....but that is funny. Made me laugh almost as much as my 13 year old daughters recent sleepover night.....

At her fathers house, her room is in the basement, but they are in the rec room in the basement....my daughter Rebecca and another friend are on the couch, and the other friend, Danielle, is laying on her stomach on the floor, all watching TV in the middle of the night.

Girl on the floor, Danielle, yells at Rebecca, "Stop it Rebecca!" And Rebecca is like "What?! I'm not doing anything!" Danielle says "Yes you are! You're tickling my feet!" Happens again. Danielle kicks her feet and yells at Rebecca. Third time? Danielle kept her feet still and did not yell and turned around to look at her feet, probably sure she was going to catch Rebecca in the act....and what she saw was two little bats sitting on her heels!

Imagine the screaming and three girls running to jump under the covers in the bedroom, and luckily all 13 year old girls have their cell phones welded to their hands so Rebecca was able to call her fathers cell (he was upstairs) and tell him we have bats!

I told Rebecca I thought that was kind of sweet, Danielle keeps kicking them off, and they just keep coming back to perch on her heels....maybe they wanted to watch the TV too.... :-) They were just babies, tiny little things.....(the bats).... Of course when I said that, Rebecca said "you're a dork mom"..... Anyway, cats, bats, whatever, some things are just plain funny. Sherry