husband to manage money

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

jerryspoolman

Before I retired I did not pay much attention to how much we spent.
Being we are on a low fixed income I need to control spending, to control I needed to know what was coming in and going out.
I created an excel spread sheet that keeps track of our spending.
Take all of your fixed expenses, insurance, property taxes, auto registration etc. and find your annual burden. subtract that from income. Divide by 365 days and this will be your daily allowance.
The spread sheet only deals with discretionary spending. I only have about 6 or 7 categories. I use averages for utility bills for the burden amount. You can adj the spread sheet as time goes on.
I enter all purchases and the sheet subtracts that from the income and provides an answer that shows where I am at each day.
It also calculates the average amount spent for each category.
I start a new sheet each month and avoid spending until my balance is positive. Sounds complex, but it is easy and straight forward.
JD
Site Admin

As this is not a decorating or landscaping question, I will be moving this post to the "Off Topic" forum.

JD
(and umm... wow)
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
flcruising

I also use an excel spreadsheet. I'd be willing to email it to you, otherwise, I'm not sure how to post files other than pictures here.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
Robert

www.daveramsey.com

Straight forward and right to the point.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Harry

Yo

Go to the bottom of gladysia's post and click on matrimonial.

Have we been duped?

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Hi Harry,

That was not there when originally posted. At this time I am going to delete the original post and ban the member. No, I did not click on the link.

I will however leave the rest of this thread in tack as there are some other good links in case good people are interested. I suppose in this economy we could all use some monetary advice.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!