Mobile home moving

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

katykitten04

Hi. I am new to forum and have never posted before. I hope I do everything right. I live in Olympia, WA. and I really need some help. Am desperate, and don't know where too turn. I'll try to make this short for now. I'm living in a trailer that's falling down around my ears. Neighbor is getting new M.H. and gave me the one he's in now. He's in lot right next to me, 100 ft. approx. On very limited income. Do I need a bunch of different permits, etc. I cannot tell you what a shame it would be if I were to lose this oppurtunity. Hope this is all okay to say. Thank you and have a nice day.
Johnny

ask your nabour to see if the people he has moving his trailor in will move and setup the one he gave you.
If I can't fix it -- I ask questions
Greg

Hi & welcome. First question is are you in a park or on your own land?

If you are in a park, check you the manager to see what is involved. On you own land you would need to check with the zoning office. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
katykitten04

Thanks for the two replies. The trailers are in what use to be a M.H. park, but the lots were sold off independently. I own the trailer I'm in, but not the land. I'm not having very much luck finding info I want to find. But every little bit helps. thanks again
Greg

OK so if the land is owned by individuals, I think you would have to go through the local zoning officer. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

Call some local MH movers and set up crews, they will tell you what is involved. Or as Greg said, ask about the crew that is going to pull in the new one for your neighbor.

I do not know the laws in your state, but here in NC the movers set up our home, took a licensed plumber for the plumbing and a licensed electrician to connect the power. All of these required permits and final inspection.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Jim from Canada

Could you swap lots? I am thinking it would save a set up. Move into your neighbours place, have your place demo'd/removed, put his new unit on your lot. Just a thought.

Jim
Yanita

Hi,

Sounds good enough, but that would require a land/title swap as well. Here that would involve probably more than the cost of utility hook ups/permits/inspection.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!