Hi noob here!

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

LovinLife

Hi I'm a lurker who decided to finally join. I have many questions but no clue where to post them lol. I'll give you the basics of what we own: 1980 Artcraft single wide, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths w/ a fireplace. We just bought our place 2 months ago and I have MANY plans for it, just not the budget. So, be prepared to get some crazy questions from me on how to do a quality job as cheaply as possible.
Yanita

Hi,

Welcome to the site!

I would like to encourage you to create your profile. This will help us to help you to have this knowledge of your home readily available. If uncertain how to do it go to the "Website Questions" forum and there are plenty of threads on it.

While you are here look through the albums and you will get many ideas on decorating. You will notice that many of us like to recycle/re purpose items. We also encourage the use of your local Habitat for Humanity Resale store.

Check out all our forums, links in the task menus and the "stickies" at the beginning of every forum.

I firmly believe that anything done in any other structure can be done in our homes as well. Simply need to modify in the size,
weight or install. Need to have some creative thought sometimes, LOL.

As to where to post your questions...review the different forums and then post your questions. If in the wrong area I will move your post, LOL, I am infamous for doing this. :wink:

Oh, love your avatar. Something about a dog with large stand up ears, or long droopy ones for that matter.

Look forward to helping you in the future. So jump in and let's see what needs to be repaired or decorated.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Greg

Hi & welcome. something Yanita forgot about is Mark's book. Avalable in the "Books & Parts" section, it covers about any repair or upgrade you may ever need. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
LovinLife

I'm planning on ordering the book soon :wink:. I have way too many ideas not to get a great resource like that. And ty my avatar is of my 4 month old white german shepherd dog, Bear.
Yanita

Hi LovinLife,

Before you get all amped up to renovate your home you should really live there for a little while first. If you have never lived in a MH before you might find there are certain things that need to be changed before you paint.

Also what type of windows and doors does your home currently have. I have been through 3 homes that I have renovated. I always started with upgrading to house windows and doors.

These items will save big money on your heat and air bills, although they are the more costly replacement items.

Look forward to seeing what you do with the place.

Yanita
LovinLife

We have replaced both doors so far. But finding the right window sizes is just not happening lol. We are lucky that in that both the interior and storm windows have been kept up and seal tightly closed.
[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c260/institches321/daisy%20land/poll.gif[/img]
Yanita

Hi Lovin life,

You will find, seems you already have that our windows are not the standard size. You can either custom order windows or go with a size larger and enlarge your window opening

Yanita
Greg

As Yanita said, there are two ways to go on windows, Price both ways, Here in NY the stock size windows that I installed in our home averaged about $200 / hole with me doing the work. One other thing you need to keep in mind is that with a 30 yr old home the frames may very well be starting to rot and need to be replaced, at that point you may as well open up to a stock size. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."