Sherwin Williams

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Dean3

is having a 3 day bucket sale starting tomorrow,,21st-23rd April. 40% off list price. Just got the email from My local store,I think it's a nationwide sale tho.

40% Off - 3 Days Only
Tuesday, April 21-Thursday, April 23!
SAVE BIG at your neighborhood Sherwin-Williams Store

40% Off *
list price everything you can fit
in the bucket!!!

Sale Includes Spray Accessories.
Guns, Hoses and Tips!
Call or stop in to your local Sherwin-Williams store for more information.

*Excludes all paints and stains, ladders/spray equipment units, gift cards and special orders. Prior sales and sales tax exluded.

Sincerely,

Your Local Sherwin-Williams Store Manager

Click here to visit our website
Click here to learn more about the Painters Advantage Program
Click here to view this month's ProBuy

~ Please consider the environment before you print this email ~

Joan Schrum
River District Coordinator
319-294-8141
319-294-8241 Fax

Dean- Not advertising-I don't own stock,,LOL.
Yanita

ROFLMAO...great disclaimer Dean.
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Dean3

Yanita;

In the immortal words of Bugs Bunny,,"TY TY,,no apluase please,,just money".. ;)

Maybe watching Nightly Business Report(stock discloure from analysts) almost every night has affected My online relation ability,,I just looove Suzie Gareb too.

Dean
Yanita

The Admins/Mods have no problem with the sharing of info such as sales or consumer reports...it benefits us all...providing the person posting is not getting a personal gain.
Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Dean3

No Mam,,no monetary gain from the sale here. Just satisfaction of trying to help.

About once a year ot two they give Me a couple T-Shirts so I can be a walking free billboard for em..I like to look at the colors I get on them to remind of each job,,heh heh,,some are uuuugly colors!

SW has good brushes/tools and such,,I could fill several buckets with the allowed stuff if that were within rules. My account is paid up tho so I might go get a bucketfull today. %40 off is better than My contractor's discount(about %25)there and I can always use the more permanent tools,,customers pay Me back for the throwaway tools(roller covers etc)of course.

And just like any store they do carry some cheapo trinkets,,watch out for that crap and don't encourage them to keep selling it,just makes it harder to find the good stuff.

Dean
TonyPa

The only paint I buy is Sherwin. My dad was a painter for 40 years, and If I bought anything else, he would kick my a**.
tritontr

I don't know I think if someone could find a way to get a ladder all the way in a paint bucket and carry it to the counter the discount should apply. :lol:
Dean3

I wouldn't want My Dad's painty footprint on My @$$!! Well maybe I would,,that would mean He's still alive :)

There are plenty of items well worth fitting in a bucket,,and,,why not bring more folks to grab buckets? (Somebody out of work maybe)Essentially if Ya buy two then the 3rd + part of the 2nd is free,,just make sure each person has payment for each bucket or they might not honor it.

Dean
DigitalDreams

I'm a recycler , I haven't bought paint in 10 years.I just go down to hazardous waste disposal site and you would be amazed the high quality name brand full gallons people throw away.Only catch being
your choice of colors , but never not been able to get white or brown.
Dean3

Some of those people tossing the paint might be contractors,I know I was taught not to use any old material on the job,that goes back to the beginning in the early 80s..That said,,it doesn't mean salvaged paint can't be used with success,it can. Just watch for major separation,mold,and moldy smell when You open the can. My old boss also said "if You know DW mud or paint has been frozen don't use it".

I had some cheaper paint(wal mart crap)left from painting My LR some years ago,used it on a seedling box 6 weeks ago,,it still hasn't cured right or something,plastic or glass will stick if it sits for very long,,I spun it with My cordless drill and a 1gal mixer head,it still didn't behave right. I bought some better paint for the more recent boxes,they cured much better and faster.

Dean
DigitalDreams

Most of the recycle I get is unused gallons , the local hazardous waste disposes of anything that doesn't look fresh and the last gallon I got I used on the solar panel frame and it has held up real good.
A lot of what ends up at our local haz waste facility
here is stuff the hormel trophy wives who are also
eco moms don't use redoing the living room or something everytime they get tired of the color and
wanna redecorate and they are to well off to be caught returning it.Oh and by the way dean it is mostly Sherwin Williams paint cause they wouldn't be caught dead shopping at Kmart or Wally world.
Dean3

That's cool,they even check it for Ya and no charge,very cool.

Trophy wives? Lets go find a few to paint! They're prolly bored. :) ,,besides they grab a mirror and paint themselves every day all day anyway don't they?. :D

Speaking of paint I have some exterior work under a porch roof to go do,,temps are good for it today.

Dean
DigitalDreams

Dean they check it because why recycle the good stuff just cause a trophy wife doesn't wanna paint another room the same color and to keep hubbys garage from looking like mine she sends it to recycling
versus stashing it in the garage and disrupting the craftsman decor.

Versus my recycled wood shelf decor cost difference 3,000 mine 0.