Mobile home Upgrades

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

friskeydude

Hey guys we just finished painting our mobile home, and did a couple of other upgrades if you want to see i'll be glady to post them. Also to those who reponsded to my exhast fan problem, all we had to do was pull real hard and the whole fan came out. How nice huh?
bea_foot

Please post some pics for us to view. I'm still patching holes and priming walls in my repo home. Can't wait to get the walls painted.
I don't know if the gas furnace caused the discoloration of the vinyl covered sheet rock but every room in the mobile home has that sickening yellow look.
Yanita

Hey dude,

Certainly, we all love to look at photos. If you could set up your personal photo album in your profile, this way the photos are available with a few clicks opposed to trying to find what eventually becomes an old post. Don't forget to complete your profile if you have not done so already.

Bea, IF your furnace has created the yellow staining then there are major problems with the unit, I would more likely suspect nicotine as the culprit.

Good luck to both of you and look forward to pics.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Brenda (OH)

Often times, the yellow discoloration is cigarette smoke residue. some of it will wash off, but often you need to use an oil-based primer to keep the staining from reappearing if you use latex primer or latex paint.

Brenda (OH)
bea_foot

You're probably right about the discoloration being caused by cigarettes instead of the furnace.
Can anyone tell me if I could use one of those steamers to remove the yellow from the walls or will the steam and heat destroy the vinyl wall covering in the process?
flcruising

I guess I'll continue the off-topic discussion...

Back when I used to smoke, and roomed with others who did too, we used 'Simple Green' and sprayed the walls when we moved out because it was sooo bad. The yellow just ran down and practically made them look new again.

BTW, Yes, pictures are always enjoyable to look at.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
bea_foot

I guess I hijacked the thread and got it off topic. Sorry, I'll remember to start a new one if I have further questions.
Thanks for the replies.
Yanita

Hey Aaron,

Being flippant really wont get you far....Next time how about a reasonable email or other notification?

Yanita
flcruising

Sorry Yanita, didn't mean to come off that way.

I know that you guys (mods) like to keep the 'rabbit trails' to a minumum. That's the only reason I prefaced it with that.

Again, I wasn't trying to offend. Sorry if I did.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
Yanita

Thank you.

And as always, yes, we like the chit chat to go in off topic, and repairs to stay on repairs.

Yanita
mjbrown65

flcruising wrote:I guess I'll continue the off-topic discussion...

Back when I used to smoke, and roomed with others who did too, we used 'Simple Green' and sprayed the walls when we moved out because it was sooo bad. The yellow just ran down and practically made them look new again.

BTW, Yes, pictures are always enjoyable to look at.
just chiming in...greased lightening works very well too.

mike
circa 196? mobile home(model unknown)
12x60
16x40 addition
Harman P38 pellet stove
1 1/2 yr old english mastiff/flatcoat retreiver mix