"turns any outlet into a phone receptacle"

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

sd0321

Above is (I hope) a picture of my new studio apartment....dining room/office/livingroom/bedroom all in one big room.....and I have a problem.

Where the computer desk sits? There is no phone outlet, and I have phone internet.

Right now? I have a long phone cord that every time I want to use the computer I have to run a phone cord across the room and hook in to the phone outlet that is located on the opposite side of the room.

It is a pain. And a tripping hazard.

Anyone ever bought one of those gadgets that says it turns any outlet into a phone receptacle? Can one of those fix this problem for me? Or am I going to have to climb into the above the attic space I'm living in already and run a phone line over to the other side of the room?

Help me someone please, before I have my youngest daughter for this coming weekend....last time she was here (right after I moved in) she thought it was totally lame to have this phone cord running across the floor to hook up to the internet).........we had great fun going to a scary movie (Taken) and eating Chinese, but the whole computer thing was a bust.....Sher

[/img]
Johnny

I bougth a long phone wire with out end conections (100' ) and wired one end to the phone jack and ran around my walls to my conputer then added the phone jack to the other no line in middle of room.

johnny
(
If I can't fix it -- I ask questions
Yanita

Have no idea about the device you are asking about, but why can you not just relocate the computer closer to the phone jack?

yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
sd0321

Thanks Johnny - that could work....it would take alot of phone cord, but there is only one wall where you would actually see it, since it could run under the baseboard heaters on a good deal of it....could even buy 100 foot of what I'm using now and not have to have a jack I guess.... and I don't want to move the computer - there isn't that much space, and I have the dining table by the phone jack, (and a food pantry right in front of the table) and no outlets right there...so that's not really an option. Anyway, thanks again, knew someone would come up with an idea!
sd0321

Sweet success! I wouldn't know how to wire the ends to phone cord....but idea of running cord around the room?

I bought enough foot of this super flat phone line with connections already attached, and now I'm in business! Online on the opposite side of the room from the phone jack! And nothing to trip over!

This amazing phone line is so flat, you can't even tell it's there..... I can only see it in the one area, and maybe I'll come up with an idea to hide that.....anyway, thanks for the idea....cost alot less than that gadget for 60 something dollars that said it turned any outlet into a phone receptacle! Sherry
Johnny

glad you found what you needed
If I can't fix it -- I ask questions
Harry

Hi

I run all my cables (TV and PC) under the MH. Drill the holes in the floors then foam them up.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
DigitalDreams

If you have dialup internet yes the plug in phone jack might work but don't expect awesome speeds cause line noise will affect data transfer a little and the more noise producing items on the circuit such as motors like a fan or such will increase it but yes they work cause we use one for the phone connection to our directv reciever.
If you have dsl which has a external router modem just buy a good quality wireless router and a wireless card for your pc and plug the router in to the modem and card into the pc and wala internet with not wires and with that setup you can hide the router anywhere in the house except behind a tin cup.