Regulations for sale of a vintage mobile home

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

alongthewayj316

My father has a MH that is approx. 60 years old, which he owns and is in a park in Norfolk COUNTY, state of Massachussetts. He is now a permanent resident of a state run nursing home and I'm trying to get his personal things in order.

Does anyone know if there are rules/regulations/guidelines concerning the value and sale of a MH this age? A friend suggested there may be a certain age after which a MH no longer has enough value to be sold. Is this possible?

I appreciate any information you may be able to share with me.
Greg

Hi & welcome. that is a VERY tough question to answer on a few fronts.

First you need to find out what "enough value " is. Around here, ANYTHING livable is starting at $3000. I would get an estimate from the park as to it's value.

Next you will need to find if the state agrees with the value. It is possible that if they don't agree to it's value it may be time to get a Lawyer involved. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
alongthewayj316

Thank you so much - it's always good to have a starting place. :D
Yanita

Hmm, off the top, your last sentence was to the effect that the home may be to old to sell. I really do not think there is any law anywhere that says that. Like Greg says if it is livable it can be sold. BUT, there a couple things you mentioned that come into play. The park may require a new owner to move the home... also another park may not allow the home to be moved to there park due to the age. Also many areas are now zoned to not allow MH.

If any of this is applicable to your area then that can adversely effect what someone may be willing to pay.

JMO,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
alongthewayj316

Dear Janita,

Thank you for taking the time to send your message - I will look into your suggestions. :)

Cindy