New Member - Hello!

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

TappanTrailer

What a great forum! Yes, I apologize in advance for using the word "Trailer" as part of my userID. But, Tappan (I have a 1949 Tappan Deluxe stove) sounded better with Trailer than as TappanMobileHome, lol.

Anyway, I am in the Bay Area of CA, and own a 1977 Madison 24 x 60 with a factory 8 x 15 add a room. 2 beds/2 baths/living/dining/family room, and one of those oh-so-wonderful circular 1970's harvest gold kitchens.

Lots of stuff to do here, so all of the info on this forum should come in pretty handy. Right now, my house looks like a building supply store as I have been acquiring most of what I need used off Craigslist, in preparation of remodeling. Full set of kitchen cabinets, kitchen sink, the Tappan, bathroom sinks, a huge 10 foot fir interior sliding french door set, matching fir pocket doors, etc. I'm overrun!

Pictures to come soon :)

Tami
Greg

Tami, the "T" word is ok in a name, just please don't use it in text, LOL.

Welcome to the family, this is a big place so take some time and have a look around. I would reccomend Mark's book (site owner) in the books & parts section. It covers about any repair, or upgrade you may need. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
TappanTrailer

Thanks for the welcome Greg! And I do promise to never use the "T" word in text, at least not in reference to anyone's abode.

Tami
Yanita

Hi Tami,

Another welcome to the site!

As Greg said, take a look around and read some past threads and make sure to check out all the links in the task menu.

Glad to see yet another member recycling/refurbishing/re purposing used items! LOL, I have a pretty good collection happening as we speak!

You mentioned Craigslist, don't forget to check and see if you have a local Habitat for Humanity resale store, and even sign up for your local freecycle...

Look forward to helping you in the near future.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Dean3

Hi Tami,what's shakin? Welcome!

Personally I don't have a prob with the "T" word,it's a heckuva lot shorter than saying "This place with 60' long I beams,a floor on that,and walls leading up to a cieling covered by the roof". :D

I hope You like comedy,seems to run rampant here in the off topic section. Have You met oldfart yet? :)

Dean
Harry

Hi Tami

Sounds like a lot of work ahead.

I like the older decor...... Maybe because I am older.

I like the "T" word. To me it means no $ mortgage payment.

Good Luck on you.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Greg

Be nice, or Yanita will be asking the age old question originally asked by the original moderator Tom. Greg
Yanita

LOL Greg, it's funny you mention that as I was thinking about it a couple of weeks ago...this post just brought it back to memory...so off to make the post!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Greg

I WARNED YOU!!!!! :lol: Greg