Watersofftner

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Jazzbo

Have a Mod 700 Water Boss water softner. It may be 'plugged' in the unit somewhere. Looking for someone that knows the mechanics of if,as I paid someone to install it&I don't really know anything about working on it. I did call the company--they talked me thru clearing the drain line&resetting/regenerating it also. Nothing really cleared&they are sending me "parts" to replace on it. Any suggestions ? I say all this because the salt doesnot appear to be functuning in the unit!! The unit is less than a year old.
Harry

Hi

The injector (aka ejector) can become clogged.

Here's a drawing of the injector and screen.

http://www.waterboss.com/media/Injector_Assembly.pdf

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
DigitalDreams

If the unit is only a year old and is one of the one's with sensor technology you won't notice salt usage very fast unless you have really bad water like I do as the newer ones sense how much salt is needed to flush at regen time and only use what is needed(What a regen cycle does is backflushs the canister to rid it of all the contaminates that it removed during use the rest of the day.

My water here is high in manganese and iron and even with that
I only use a tank of salt about every three months on my older style
softener, which was slowly tuned to my water by upping salt used till it gave me back quality I wanted.

Is it backflushing at set time or when you hit regen button cause if
it's not then yes you have problems but if it is then don't go by salt used cause the salt is only a flush solvent and new ones don't use anywhere near to what old ones did.

Now also if you don't find a little brine water in your salt tank you have a bad flush valve which can be replaced and should solve problem by the way the salt pellets they say you can use with softners will kill a softner slowly as the bonding agent in the pellets
is hard on the softner.I have had same softner for twenty tears and use only solar salt and have never had a problem except when I used the plugin that it was plugged into once for something and forgot to replug it in.(That was the problem )
Harry

Hi

The WaterBoss 700 does not have "sensor technology".

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Jazzbo

ok---found a contact for repair thru the co. He came,ck'd out the system. The short of it all is that I was using the wrong salt,as it "meshed" up in the bottom of the unit. He removed all the salt&I will get a better type he reccommended! Thinking of calling in for a rebate on the charge---being as the paperwork recomennds what I was using!! Tomorrow I will replace the salt and regenerate it. Wish me luck!!! :lol: