Stimulus opinions

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

readysetgo

Hi everyone,
Been a while since I've written. I read regular tho. I'm still waiting for your opinions on the stimulus that was just passed. I have so much thought on it that it would take too long. Are they really helping out the homeowners who would normally file bankruptcy if they've lost their jobs and don't want to continue to pay for a home that's now not worth what it was. Does anyone know if these homeowners will be able to now file for bankruptcy and maybe get a home or mobile home that's within their means. Just thoughts like that that I'm unsure of. When will the taxpayers start paying this back. How about groceries out there, isn't it crazy. Has anyone's job on here been affected. So far we're good except our crazy electric bill and the price for services etc.
RSG
Harry

Hi RSG

I think with homewoners and mortgages the same old rule will always apply..."YOU NO PAY, YOU NO STAY".

I don't think lenders will be helped or rewarded for making stupid loans.

I think SOME NOT ALL homeowners with qualify to renegotiate more affordable loans.

YEP whatever happens you will still have to show you can make the monthly payment.

JMHO

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
readysetgo

Hey Harry,
Obama came on TV today after I ask my questions on here and went into a little more detail about it. You know Harry, after all this time, I've just today noticed you're from Citrus county. I'm over here in Marion County. Thanks for your reply.
RSG
Greg

Too many unanswered questions. OK, so we all get a whooping $13 extra a week, now at the end of the year, come tax time.......

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Harry

Yo RSC

Where in Marion? We drive over to Ocala often.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Dean3

LOL,I just erased over 60 lines of reply :) Probably woulda been good comedy to some but disheartening and confusing to others,Me included!LOL

I agree with Harry,,the old basics will apply in most cases. If it happens otherwise the economy will be back in this crappy situ faster than You can say "WTF just happened"!

I will expand enough to ask/say this--Is it all just a result of a world trying to run before it can walk? Heh heh,when My son was a toddler I used to tell Him "watch where Your feet go". Maybe that's good advice on lots of levels.

Dean
Mark
Site Admin

Below is an e-mail I got which pretty much explains perfectly as to how the stimulus bill works.

Mark
-------

Shortly after class, an economics student approaches his economics professor and says, "I don't understand this stimulus bill. Can you explain it to me?"

The professor replied, "I don't have any time to explain it at my office, but if you come over to my house on Saturday and help me with my weekend project, I'll be glad to explain it to you." The student agreed.

At the agreed-upon time, the student showed up at the professor's house. The professor stated that the weekend project involved his backyard pool.

They both went out back to the pool, and the professor handed the student a bucket. Demonstrating with his own bucket, the professor said, "First, go over to the deep end, and fill your bucket with as much water as you can." The student did as he was instructed.

The professor then continued, "Follow me over to the shallow end, and then dump all the water from your bucket into it." The student was naturally confused, but did as he was told.

The professor then explained they were going to do this many more times, and began walking back to the deep end of the pool.

The confused student asked, "Excuse me, but why are we doing this?"

The professor matter-of-factly stated that he was trying to make the shallow end much deeper.

The student didn't think the economics professor was serious, but figured that he would find out the real story soon enough.

However, after the 6th trip between the shallow end and the deep end, the student began to become worried that his economics professor had gone mad. The student finally replied, "All we're doing is wasting valuable time and effort on unproductive pursuits. Even worse, when this process is all over, everything will be at the same level it was before, so all you'll really have accomplished is the destruction of what could have been truly productive action!"

The professor put down his bucket and replied with a smile, "Congratulations. You now understand the stimulus bill."
You can't fail if you don't try!
Greg S

If the government subsidizes a company to employ that man to move the water from the deep end to the shallow end, assuming someone is willing to pay to have the work done, you then have a economic stimulus package.
Greg

Oh, so YOU are will to pay someone to move the water out of your pocket??? :) Greg
Harry

Observation:

The folks at the top make the big bucks and the decisions they make are toward that end....

And we don't get it!

Harry
Dean3

Sounds like good exercise if He lifts with His legs and not His back. :)

It would also circulate the water and help with aeration,,not that important to the pool analogy but change it to a lake brimming with fish(consumers)that need to breathe and the picture is different,unless You happen to be the big fish planning to feed on the weakening little fish. :)

Dean
Greg

How true, use the legs, we don't need this turning into a comp. case!!!
Greg S

Greg wrote:Oh, so YOU are will to pay someone to move the water out of your pocket??? :) Greg
Actually I would more than likely be the guy with the pail.
Dean3

The unemployed percentage might call You "The *lucky* guy with the pail".

The more Charlie Rose,Nightly Biz Report,NBC,CBS,and almost all the others interview people it is obvious much of the shitsmere could have been avoided.

One theory put out by a founder of Netscape(Andreessen)on Charlie Rose last night was to phase out the old style banks and go to virtual banks. I don't understand any of the ins/outs of that concept yet but He said they would be much cheaper to operate. Maybe He would stand to make money from it,,I dunno.

Dean
Greg S

There was no way this could ever have been avoided. It was caused by greed on the part of everyone from the man on the street all the way up to the chairman of the board.

Housing for example:

what were those people thinking would happen when interest rates went up on a house that they would never earn enough money to be able to afford normally. Greed

What were the bankers thinking giving mortgages to people that should never qualify for a normal mortgage. Greed