Salt Free Water Conditioner?

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

CountryKatGirly

Hello, I am a TOTAL newbie from Indiana. We just bought a 1988 Skyline DW in December.

One of the issues that is coming up is the horribly hard water (20GPG). Due to various factors we are considering one of the salt-free water conditioners. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Thanks!
"I'm a simple person...my mind seeks simplicity - like being in nature, a long bike ride, or sitting on the back porch."

--Amy Grant
shadow745

No experience with no-salt versions, but the standard salt utilizing softener is tried and true and contrary to popular belief they DO NOT add a noticeable amount of sodium to your water.

There are versions that supposedly use magnetism and other ways to remove the hardness, but if IMO if they were so much better then the standard salt consuming units would be eliminated.

BTW, 20 grains per gallon is alot of hardness. Later!
Do what you can today, as you might not be here tomorrow!
DigitalDreams

Don't be fooled by the newbies, magnets are great for sticking things on the fridge but magnets are ferrous iron one of the things you are trying to remove from the water.The only thing that can remove everything from almost anything if activated charcoal or carbon or a substance impregnated with it as a main component , why do you think Jack Daniels charcoal filters their whiskey it adds favor and removed impurity's.

The bunk they feed you about reversing ions and and trapping
smaller particles is mostly just that bunk.I mean I can show you a chart from my friends independent testing lab that says I can walk on water but have you ever seen me do it.

Do yourself a favor unless you have money to burn in that case don't
burn it send it to me.Stay with tested technology you will pay less for more satisfaction and they will be around in years to come when you need parts or service.Unlike that yugo dealer my friend bought his yugo from.