Do you smoke...?

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

sd0321

Okay, second link shows that you can order that tobacco stuffing machine online!!!!

What about tobacco? Sherry
Dean3

"How about toilet paper producers? (We all use it, and we aren't likely to start rolling our own.....ha ha....) Sherry"

LOL,,never know-

I might!!

Dean

PS= Yer very welcome Sherry,please remember tho,I haven't dealt with them personally,,caveat emptor,,as always. Also the only rolling/stuffing tobacco I've seen online was when searching for the Supermatic and I think it was expensive,,,just not sure,,,I bet enough googling might find a deal tho.
DigitalDreams

Here in the midwest we don't worry about rolling our own toilet paper they come prerolled we call them corn cobs.
Little ruff but cheap and plentiful and prerolled.
Dean3

digitaldreams!! What! LOL!! heh heh heh heh heh..Yeahhhhhh,,LOL,,that's just too funny.. Man alive,You really are thrifty aintcha!? That place in the country of Yer's must be next to a field huh!??!

Now,ummm,if Ya use the shucks,roll/crunch them juuuuust right they will work,they gotta be dry and absorbant,,but,,not too dry and crumbly,,,that's just messy.. :)

Ya ever smoke corn silk? Or that tall,hollow,and dry grass? :D I think it used to be a "right of passage" for kids in our general area eh?

Oooohhhh Mama,,I'm feelin it,,gettin groggy,,g-night.

Dean
sd0321

I can see it now, rotating crops....tobacco, toilet paper (aka corn) ... :-) Sherry
Dean3

LOL,,Iowa needs good thinkers like You Sherry!

Now I'm thinkin *if* My tobacco yield comes to high levels,I will rotate and use the area for edibles..--Maybe taters n maters but I'm a peas and spinach hater--..I suppose there are a few optimal crops to rotate wich make it better for tobacco,I think I saw referance to that somewhere,,but,if I don't like it I sure ain't gonna plant it.

I do like taters,maters,green beans,carrots,broccoli,cauliflower,etc. Sweetcorn is good too but My Neighbor Lady is moving up the street to a house with a sweetcorn patch already designated. Went over to visit Her,Her Daughter,Dog1,Dog2,and,Cat last night,had some beers and She mentioned there is a SC patch in Her new-to-be yard. Her Daughter has done some work for Me(weed eating n such)but said "I hate pulling weeds in gardens so *don't* ask Me"!! LOL!! Okeydoke Babyneighbor(her new nickname),,I won't! :D

I spose this is drifting towards "landscaping/gardening" section but still mostly about tobacco since rotation time is a loooong way off,,I gotta see if the seedlings will come up for the 1st crop!! Dreaming/planning is good but,I gotta be careful and not "count chickens" too soon..:)

Dean--currently getting geared-up(coffee)to go paint a kitchen and bathroom,,,lotsa cutting and masking since they put in new upper/lower cabinets and a vanity already!
Harry

Hi

I'd be OK with a tax on ice cream....on top of the sales tax.

How bout pot? Yep Wacky Tobacy. The biggest cash crop in California ($14 billion) so says the news today. One law maker wants to tax pot instead of the ole wink and nod.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Dean3

Harry,,naaaa no tax on ice cream please,a place near Me has ice cream bars that are pretty dang good,at almost $1 each that's expensive enough,TY. :)

As to the "wacky tobacy" I couldn't care less how they tax/legalize/use it,,,I have some friends tho that might think otherwise! LOL. Pot just "ain't My bag" so to speak..I have other ways to get My jags on,,:D Back in the day tho-----.

Ever see the movie "Homegrown"(Billy Bob Thornton)? That was an ok flick about growin the evil weed in Cali. I used to date this chick from the mountains of Northern Cali a looong time ago,,also had a "thing" with this chick from near the coastal mountains of Oregon,now She *really* had it goin on!!! Ohhhhh Mama Mama!! Last I heard she married a Preacher of some sort. I used to love Her in that loosely-knit bikini she wore!

Dean
DigitalDreams

No Dean never smoked corn silks ,grew up in Iowa
in the 60-70's and road ditch wacky was the smoke of the day probably chock to death if I tried it now.
And answer to weeding is them hanging bucket planters cause weeds hate growing upside down.
Oh and the cobs work but don't try the leave leave a nasty paper cut on the hinney.Don't ask me how I know this and no it wasn't me.And yes most of the loose knit bikinis I knew too married preachers,go figure.
DigitalDreams

Oh and if they start taxin ice cream me and them are gonna be goin round and round cause ice cream
is a staple and not a luxury.And washington ain't seen nothin till they pizzed off a ice cream addict.
Dean3

Ditch Weed!! Used to see that here n there all the time. Still know of a few patches in fields but nobody bothers it far as I can know. Lots of that was done away with years ago when the Gov told farmers to destroy all the hemp "or else". I think the roadside stuff is from smokers tossing roaches and such,the vestigal patches could be from hemp grown for making rope,and,yet others could be from "other" old intentional purposes. Speaking of rope,,ever heard that old song "Legend of the Titanic" by Jamie Brocket? Kinda good ole tune if Ya like the bluesy/folk music style.

Hanging planters would have it's uses but prolly not for the 50 or so plants I want to get in the ground here where I can see them. Research has said yield is anywhere from about 1oz - 1/2lb of finished tobacco from each plant,,that's not much,,I need roughly 1lb a month to smoke.

It's only been a few days so still waiting for the 1st test-tray to germinate,by the time it does My new order of seeds should be here and then I can go to work and get the soil mixed and seeds on top..I have a paneled stud cavity(remved from old project) that I'm going to use for leftover soil and seeds,I'll make it waterproof,fill,sow,etc,and see what happens,,that will probably be some of what seedlings go to the farmyard.

Well My friend is here and we're heading for LaCrosse with the truck n trailer.

Dean
Dean3

Just got back from the "big city" of LaCrosse WS,,found a Tobacco Outlet Plus store while we were there and dropped $175 in just minutes!

They had a Supermatic II but when I asked about the regular Supermatic the lady said they had trouble with those and quit selling them,,soooo,I let Her talk Me into this Top-O-Matic Heavy duty and I bought a smaller handheld Top brand tube stuffer as back up...Also bought 2,000 tubes both full flavor and light,,,and 5LBs of Gambler tobacco also both full flavor and light.

Ohhhh great,,only now do I see the big stuffer says "specially designed for use with Top tobacco and tubes",,,wonderfull,juuuust wonderful,,,it *better* work with the gambler brand of tobacco and tubes or I'm gonna be one ticked off @#%^!! And then some! :D

Amost forgot; Neighbor Lady says "horse manure is better fertilizer than cow manure",,is that true?

Dean
Harry

Hi

Horse manure and red clay......so says my Cuban connection.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Well, not really sure about the difference but in Vt it was all about the cows!

Personally I like Miracle Grow, LOL.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Harry

Yep

There's a dairy near here. They pump the sump tanks often and spread the honey (they call it) in the fields. Sure grows come good looking hay.

Harry