Insulated Roof Pictures

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

JD
Site Admin

Hi all,

In response to an email, I am posting pictures of my insulated roof product. This roof was completed today. The original roof is a product called Comfort Seal. It has to be over 15 years old. There were cracks all over the roof and no way to seal it up. This re-roof was the customer's best choice.

This was the original roof

This picture shows the thickness of the insulated panels and how the panels span over low spots.

Here is the completed roof from the top.

This pic shows the amount of overhang and flashing over an awning.

Here is the front of the home trimmed out.

The last pic is a closer look at the trim

So there you go. The best mobile home roof money can buy! Available only in areas of California and now parts of Arizona

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
troyster

Looks sweet JD! Wish I could have a roof like that but around here you have to add a peaked snow roof. Thats the code unfortunately, but looks like a good economical roof for your parts of the woods.
Dean3

Looks darn good. What is it called JD?
JD
Site Admin

Hey Troy & Dean. This roof is double sweet on a double wide. Looks even better on a peaked roof with straight rake.

The roof used to have an actual name. It was called a B&H roof, from the name of the original manufacturing company. I believe they had a much larger marketing area covering 5 states or more. But many years ago, they decided to give the business up and sold everything to the marketing manager. The business had its problems trying to maintain operations spread out so much, and just the shipping or these roof systems in their own trucks was a huge problem. Anyways, the new owner cut way back to only his more local people, like me. Still profitable but a whole lot less hassle. His son is moving to Arizona and will be trying to start up operations over there. His son has also been installing these roofs forever and I highly recommend him. Anyways, at this point, the product does not have an actual name, except the old defunct B&H that no one uses. I call it Premium 3" Insulated Roof System in my contracts. The manufacturer said I can rename it to what ever I want.

One thing about the roof you see in those pictures. It had a couple of broken trusses, which I fixed before installing the roof. It was the homes best chance. Since I was putting on a new roof, I could open up the old tin roof to fix them and leave the ceiling alone. This home has a single blanket of insulation that was 1" thick. That pink fiberglass in a blanket that fit the home. Might have been an R-2. It was metal, then blanket, 2x2 trusses, 6 mil plastic and ceiling panel in that order. R-2 in our valley must be Horrible. We spend about half our year in 90+ high temps, with peaks at around or over 110 in the worst part of summer. This R13 insulated roof put over that coated tin will really help out. Put this roof over an R11, R19 or 30 and your really got something!

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Dean3

I worked for a flat roofing company almost 20 years ago,the owner of that co said "during bad times people need 2 things,,food and a roof",He is still in biz today in this economy. I travelled roughly 6 months roofing and was local with His gen carp forman before I moved on to a different gen const/drywall job.

I can see where that would be good for many roofs,especially the ap in the pics and/or to add to the efficiency of roofs on vaulted rooms where adding insulation below roofdeck is complicated.

I'm guessing there are saucer washers combined with the fasteners along the ends,I see nothing in the field,how did You keep that so nice looking?

Dean
Susan

I have had this roof on my dw for about 4 years now. It was pricey in the beginning, but it has certainly earned it's price. It is not only nice looking, but very efficient. I use my hvac a lot less than I did the first 3 years in my home. I would highly recommend it if you can possibly get it in your area.
Susan

Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue
JD
Site Admin

Yes Dean, 1-1/4" fender washers. They go on 4-1/2" x 1/4" lag bolts that bolt through the roof panel and into the top plate of the stud wall. I like that part. The roof is actually fastened to the framing rather than having screws hole the panel down to the old roof. The metal trim is also screwed to the panel and then to the home at the drip rail, which also would hold the roof. But it is the bolts that really do the job. The bolts are sealed with a thick covering of polyurethane caulk (Vulkem 116). The caulk will not dry out and crack or peel off for probably 30 years. At that point, it is easy to redo.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!