MORE SNOW AGAIN (ARGGH)

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

troyster

ANOTHER FOOT OF SNOW OVERNIGHT AND MORE COMING FOR ANOTHER 4 DAYS! CALLING FOR A FOOT A DAY (ARGGH) WAS OUT SHOVELING OUR DRIVEWAY + OUR NEIGHBORS DRIVEWAY + HAD SPENT 1/2 HOUR SHOVELING OURSELVES OUT OF WALMART PARKING LOT! + HAD TO SHOVEL SNOW OFF ROOF! GONNA SLEEP GOOD TONIGHT! (LOL) CHECK OUT TROYSTERS PHOTOS! 3 DAYS AGO THERE WAS NO SNOW HERE.
Harry

Yo

Bummer....80 degrees here tomorrow.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
texasprairierose

Yeah Harry...our friends that live near Gainsville were complaining about it being cold there a few weeks ago; they said that the low got down in the 40's a couple of nights. I didn't have much sympathy for them because the low here was near or below 0 without the wind chill and the daytime high here was in the 20's and 30's and it was in the 70's there! :cry:
Harry

Yep

The uniform today is: short sleeves and mini-skirts.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Hey Troyster,

Looked at your pics, looks like it maybe time to either get a snow blower or a truck with a plow. :wink: When we lived in those conditions we had both!

As much as I think the winter snow is beautiful to look at, just can't imagine living in it again. Here in NC it gets cold enough for me to call it winter, yet any day it can be in the mid 70's.

Today was warm enough to wash a few windows. We turned the heat on intermittently in October, truck came today to top off the tank, took 71 gallons propane, electric bill came today also, 107.11! Not bad for a 36 yo doublewide.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Susan

I guess I am pretty lucky here in No. CA. - my gas and electric for my 35 year old home, mid-Nov to mid-Dec, was only $110.00. We have had some pretty cold temps also, down in the low 30's at night and only up to low 50's during the day. The insulating does help. We have dual paned windows, insulated steel doors and the styrofoam roof (that JD installs).[/i]
Susan

Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue
Harry

Yo

Fire warnings yesterday.

Next week hard freeze Tues, Wed, Thur and Fri....which is dangerous for folks around here not used to the cold weather.

Harry
lucasboy

We got to a frosty -19F last night with a -40 wind chill. There's around 8" of snow on the ground. Neither my truck nor my car would start this morning [ I'm not lucky enough to have a garage ]. Right now It's a sunny -4.
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck all
sd0321

People,

Just wanted to say, we had here in South Dakota a record breaker, -42 below zero, actual temp, no wind chill factor.

It was so darn cold, that now? Today? It was barely above freezing, and it felt like a darn heat wave....yes, it actually felt warm to me today. Like laughing, like outside you could just leave your jacket unbuttoned and your hood off and just be happy and smile outside, it was nice.....

It felt like a balmy mid spring day, you know the kind? With snow melting and daffodills popping up?

Because when you are living in so cold, so cold that you cannot even breathe outside....and cannot even check your mail without having the shakes from the extreme cold....and it is so cold that you can't even shovel your short sidewalk....without feeling like you have frostbitten your fingers....you appreciate so much a day like today....anything above freezing is a bonus....a miracle.....just a day to thank god for.....

and anyone living in a mobile home can appreciate this in extreme temps like this....having running water is nothing I will ever take for granted again. Ever. 42 below is freezing, period. In homes, and especially in mobile homes. Soon going to be renting, and selling this mobile home to a handier person than I am. And may they be blessed with good winters..... Sherry
troyster

Wow!!! thats cold. thought -25 to -30 Celsius was cold here with the wind chills. but will still trade 3 weeks of this cold for your one day of your -45 (lol) . been lucky lately its only been slightly below 0 with a few days above. hope it stays there.
sd0321

Troyster,

I'm going to miss this site when I sell this mobile home and rent again....but by no longer having a mobile home, I won't have any reason to be on this site at all.

And I'll wonder about Audies adventures, and his bathroom door, and his cats....and how cold your temps are, and whether Dean 2 or Dean 3 gets any reception on his tv at the end of February.....and what Yanita has to say about it all.... :-)

Any apartment dwellers sites that are half as interesting as this site is? Anyone? Sherry
Yanita

Hi Sherry,

Whoa girl!

Nothing says you can not participate here on site once you sell your mobile. You still have some knowledge of MH. You can still participate in decorating and off topic...no need to leave us. The only time I delete memberships is when there has been no activity for a full months or longer.

Why are you selling your mobile? I am sure you have said in different post...BUT, I am still on my first cup of coffee.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
troyster

Even with the higher heating & cooling costs our mobile homes are still hundreds less then renting and you have an asset. I have no plans on ever getting into a mortgage on a stick built or renting again but would rather buy a bigger & newer mobile home with better insulation, thicker walls, peaked roof & more efficient furnace. These homes are about half as much money to heat & cool.
Jim from Canada

Troyster, I'd feel sorry for your snow problem if I didn't have 4 ft. of snow beside my driveway. It's been a REAL Canadian winter here in SW Ontario. Your roses will be blooming in 6 weeks.
troyster

Jim, the ones I feel sorry for this year are the ones in Vancouver lower mainland and Vancouver Island. They got bombed with record snow fall this year and those poor buggers had to shell out bucks for winter tires they may never use again. They just aren't used to driving in those conditions. Been bad all across Canada and a lot of US states this year for sure. I will enjoy my -28 Celsius weather here and be glad its not snowing. Hope it stops snowing there, sounds like you really got hit hard.