MORE SNOW AGAIN (ARGGH)

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Jim from Canada

and more coming this week, at least it is going to warm up to almost normal temps this week. Being down with a few ailments for the last while, I am getting cabin fever. Been housebound for far too long. I am from the Sudbury area originally, and I hate winter! lol. I can't even skate well, I wouldn't even try now, with my age and knee, I'll just slide on my bum! Would end up on my keaster anyway if I put a set of blades on!

Jim
troyster

Good time to have a snow removal business lol
sd0321

Yanita,

Thank you for your response..... I'll keep on reading the forums here to see what is going on with these members that I've come to be interested in.....

I rented an apartment today. Will start moving tomorrow.

Why I'm selling? Because this mobile (older 1974) needs more work than I can do, and I know houses, not mobiles. And they are not the same. And the person who sold this place to me was not honest about everything that would need fixing/replacing.

And as far as renting vs. owning? This past month, I paid 175 for lot rent, 100 for mobile home payment, and 258 for gas and electric. That adds up to 533 according to my calculations....and the place I rented is a studio apartment for 335 per month with all utilities included....and, bonus, if anything goes wrong, the landlord will fix it! I'm a mobile home wimp, what can I say.....

I know houses, what can I say. People that know me laugh at the fact that I am intimidated by mobile home repairs. I can take one hundred year old cedar siding on a house and heat gun it and sand it and prime it and repaint it, and make it look like a million bucks....I can, and have, put new tiles in bathroom and set the toilet with a new seal....I can patch holes in sheetrocked walls and ceilings....and, I also previously had the best carpenter in the world for a husband.....for 24 years. I don't have a lot good to say about him....except to say he is the best damn carpenter in the world. We (when we were married, for 24 years) took I can't even count how many houses from the verge of "knock it down" to livable.... BUT....HE was the plumber and the electrician, and the sheetrock cutter, not me.

I was the sander and painter and picks out the color scheme....

Anyway, I'm wimping out and renting.....Sherry
troyster

Good luck Sherry in your new home and keep coming back to visit us here on MHR. troyster
sd0321

I will check back here to see what is going on...this is such a good site.

I moved last Sunday, (the large things that take two people and needed a truck) but still have alot of small stuff to get out of there.

Funny how you get so used to phone and internet and cable that without them you feel kind of disconnected from life. Just got the phone hooked up today, and so have my phone internet also. Cable tomorrow. Decided after just a few days with only an antennae (spelled wrong?) cable is worth paying for....without cable the only channels I get have late night talk shows.....anyway, we have actually had some decent weather lately. Hope it stays this way! :-) Sherry
sd0321

Sold the mobile home last weekend....was asking what I paid for it, 15 hundred, but had a couple that had one thousand cash, and I said good enough.

Didn't make anything by the time I paid off 300 I still owed on it, and another whopping heat and electric bill...but that was okay... I told them everything that I knew was wrong with it, and they still wanted it. I have the Manual for Mobile Home Repair on my bookshelf here....thinking I should bag it and hang it on their front door on my way to work one day. They were already renting a mobile in the same mobile home park, but as owners, they might need that manual and this site.

Anyway, Thursday, my day off, I got stir crazy and shoveled my car out, decided to go to K Mart....got stuck four times within a block of my apartment.....came back and got stuck in the alley....shoveled, swore, etc....finally had to call a friend who came and hooked on to my car with a chain and pulled me with his truck in to the off street parking behind this apartment...but tomorrow is March 1st!!!!! Spring cannot be too far away!!!! Snow is only pretty on Christmas Day and in a snow globe!!! :-) Sherry
oldfart

Ahhhh yes....looked out this morning and a fresh coat of snow in the yard. Feces! Couldn't happen at a worse time! On Monday my AWD Chevy Astro van puked anti-freeze AND transmission fluid all over the parking lot in at work. Yeah..and I just had a new radiator put in....total bill $1027.00! That Astro is my winter survival tool. Never spins a tire...even on ice. *&^($&*$!! Well....I still have the '86 F-150 4X4 to fall back on but anyone that's ever driven a truck in the snow knows why my spincter is clenched. Trucks "inhale" in the winter. Even with 500lbs. of gravel in the bed and brand new Firestone Dest. A/T's on the rims. I purely do hate winter. Arrrghh! Hey...I just thought of a funny story I'll write about the van regurgitating all her fluids! New post coming soon! Audie! :) P.S. Sherry..don't leave us. Moving to an apartment need not be the end of your presence here. You cook right? You decorate? Have really s++++y days..eh! We're family here....don't forget us.
sd0321

looking forward to the upcoming van story.... :-) Sherry