New members

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Do you like to go fishing?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:57 am

Often as possible
36%
Couple of times a year
29%
I catch my fish at Long John Silver's
36%

Total votes: 14
JD
Site Admin

Wow! 13 new members today (03/13). That is pretty good isn't it? I know we had a lot of re-registers when the forum changed. But there seems to be a lot of new people joining us every day.

I'd like to say Hi to all the new members. It will be great to have your input. I don't see many profiles filled out though.

While this is a mobile home repair forum, I would still like to put in a plug for the off topic MPS Groups. There are groups for Genealogy under Activities, Mobile Home Park Owners and Managers under Business & Entrepreneurs , Automotive, Health and my personal favorite, FISHING under Recreation and Sports. If you have interests in these areas, please register in a group and share thoughts and experiences.

A warm welcome to all,

JD

PS Never saw a poll being used, so I thought I would try it just to see one.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Manitoba Bill

I know you prob. don't know about our fishing season north of 49, but I think the Ice fishing huts have to be off the Red River by Mar. 15th. LOL
Season is closed for 2007 from April 1 to May 12th. Also we are barbless in Manitoba.

Sadly I was never taught how to fish when I was a boy and it is off my radar now. And being over 65 I don't even need a Conservation lic.
[color=red]
I'm not an Expert, just a DIY[/color]
kashton

The cost of a fishing licence in B.C. is getting outrageous. But, every year, there I am the first day of the new season, getting my licence. Not worth getting caught without one. My smoker is usually going steady during the summer. We are fishing, rain or shine.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I'm at the front, twirling a baton!
JD
Site Admin

Hey Kashton,

I used to make B.C. fishing trips often. My focus is Florida in recent years though. We'd fish Horse Lake, La Hache, La Juine, at least a dozen lakes up and back. My favorite stop was Timothy Lake. The fishing was good, but the hosts of the small lodge and cabin place were the best.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
kashton

Unless we have a trip planned, which is still usually in B.C. We stick around Terrace and Kitimat. After the Salmon spawn, Kitimat is not my fav spot. The fish are all over the rivers edge ready to die and the stink. Have you ever got you hook into a spawned out Salmon. Like trying to reel in a wet case of toilet paper. Our dog used to find the fish on the edge, and role herself on them. Didn't make for a stink-free ride home.
kashton

Maybe should have put that in the Fish group section!
JD
Site Admin

I like my salmon bright. In the rivers, I just keep track of the runs and fish count and go when the fish are fresh. I have caught them beat up but now spawned out. Too for upriver for me.

Dog rolling on the fish... Funny! I take my dog fishing... in a kind of small boat... Ducks poop at the side of the lake. Not so funny in a small boat.

JD

Yep, this would probably be MPS group material. Bring troyster over, he likes to fish. :)
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!