Moth Balls

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

ImaDufus

Every so often we get a smell in the back bedroom like something is dead underneith the trailer. I have had someone crawl under and they couldnt determine where the smell was coming from

A neighbor suggested putting moth balls under the trailer to keep critters out. Has anyone used this mothod? How many and at what spacing should I put them? I don't was to get a moth ball smell in the house.

I have the area screened so what ever is getting in there is small or critters are finding a secret passage.

Thanks in advance.

Tim
lefties

breathing mothballs is hard on the respiratory system.
1997 commodore repo-1450 sq ft.
Serena

I have some friends who use them to keep ants out of their RVs.
They told me that the moth balls keep out rodents as well.

They just toss them around, thickly.

I don't use them because they're toxic.

Someone in another thread recommended ratzap. I checked out the website and it looks good to me.

Maybe some of the experts will post soon.
Yanita

Hi,

I have used mothballs many times. Yes they are toxic, but so aren't most of the stuff we spray in our homes or the baits used for pest.

Your first time is trial and error on how many. I generally throw under about a half of box, I take a few at a time and just throw them under, try to get an even spacing if possible.

The best thing is to make sure your skirting is tight and your underbelly secure.

I am going to move this to OFF TOPIC as this is not a repair issue. I believe there are many threads about this if you care to do search.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Demolition

Is the area screened or blocked? Is the smell a day or so after a good rain? Is it something dead or the septic tank backing up?

I prefer screens so air can blow under the house and keep the ground dry. I know that dont comply with regulations in every State.
Call Dinwiddie Demolition we'll tear that house right down.
Sweep up every splinter n haul it out of town
Harry

Hi

I use moth balls and:

- traps
- cats
- guns
- whamo sling shot
- sonic noise device in the ac duct

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?