For Yanita...down by the crick..

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

oldfart

Well now Ms. Yanita since you mentioned in a letter that you enjoyed my rambeling thoughts of myself and Young Bryce Logan (my grandson) I just had to share this story with you! Some time back Bryce and I was sittin' down yonder and for some odd reason the topic of wimminfolks came up yet once again. Now, mind ye, we was sittin' down by the crick..fishin' and enjoyin' the solitude that only menfolks may partake of. (Harrumph!) Unless , of course, a grand-daughter might intrude..which she did not. In any case young Bryce Logan did tell me that he had..at some time past...kissed the neighbor-girl!! Now M'am..this was quite an un-nerving event to me as young Bryce is but 5 yrs. of age! Right away I went into my "Wimminfolks are Evile" speech and forewarned him about the outcome of his actions..of course! As we sat and discussed his transgression I warned him that.."Kissin' soon leads to children and a lifetime of servitude to them little brats!" Harrumph! Young Bryce Logan at that point asked me.."Whar' does children come from Pappy?"... and that (of course) opened up a whole new can'o-worms! No problem...I told him the truth! "Kissin' leads to The Stork showin' up... with a newborn child...and ye'll spend the next hunnerd years takin' care of them!".....I hollered! Well now the next thing he asked me was..."What's a stork??" Again..no problem..."long-legged bird..big long beak...flapping wings...that's the stork!" And then...M'am..the most amazing thing happened! Low-an-beholt...a grey heron swooped by and set down right in our midst! Long-legged bird..long beak..flappin' wings...just like I'd mentioned! I looked at Bryce..he looked at me..an I seen his shoulders droop an he peered o'er his shoulder and tears filled his eyes and he said..."Cwap!....I'm gwammahooched for the next hunnerd years!!" And that's the rest of the story M'am! Audie..the Oldfart...:)
Susan

Absolutely priceless!
Susan

Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue
Greg

Timing is EVERYTHING!!! Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

LOL Audie,

I can envision this discussion down at the crick....

I can also see poor little Bryce looking for a lost baby every time he sees the long legged bird!

Ummm, some wimmin folk do like to fish..in fact I am trying to convince my Granddaughters that fishin in the koi pond is not allowed!

Audie, if you are not doing so already you really ought to consider putting your adventure's in a journal for Bryce. Then in years to come give them to him, would make a great gift.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
oldfart

Ahh yes Mz. Yanita...I have been keeping a journal! Since back in the days of "floppy-disks'! And yes I need to update it some time and put them on a C.D. though that is a bit dated as well..eh? I'm still using Windows 98SE..and that was an upgrade to this old (ca.1993) computor! HAW!HAW!HAW! And I know full well some wimminfolks like to fish. Somewhere I have an old photo of my daughter at age 3yrs. where she hauled a 21in. carp out of yonder crick! She's..ummm..almost 30 now? My..how time does pass us by. Fishing is a sport best enjoyed in comfort and peace. It should not be a tournament..bereft in trophys and sponsors. It should be enjoyed with cane-poles and bobbers..warm days and good companions. The smell of an old corn-cob pipe and cold bottles of Hires Root-Beer chilling in the crick! A lunch of cold chicken left over from Sundays meal....and laughter! Watching the water pass us by makes us realize that life flows by quickly and sometimes un-noticed. And fishing should be most.. about children. Audie..the Oldfart...lost again in some distant memory..
Dean2

Dad burn it Audie,jus what'r You up to?!?! Trying to make an old duffer like Me cry?!?! My Boy's 25 now an I ain't taken Him fishin for a while,,that really bites-the-big-one!! We are going canoing this holiday weekend tho! Life is good.