Have to vacate park by June 30th

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

appletonbill

The writing is on the wall now. The park did not sell at the auction on April 21st, so now the remainder of the people at our park have until June 30th to vacate. After that date the water will be turned off. The lawyer for the lien holder said that we could just sign an abandonment form and leave our home sit there, its too old to move (circa 1971), to another park. We are talking to mortgage lenders now to see about buying a house. It is a buyers market now, and we saw some smaller homes (2 bed), in the 60 to 70 range. Ten years in the same place and then we're out.
Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
Greg

How about if everyone got together and bought the park? Not sure if it would be fesiable but may be worth thinking about. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

That is just terrible, Bill. I wish good luck in finding your new place.

I see this kind of thing happening all over my area. Someone comes in and buys up the old small houses, and puts up the new fancy houses. I guess a guy has the right to try to make some money. But what is happening to the housing? No one is tearing down big fancy houses to put in smaller affordable housing. There is just a constant replacing of budget and affordable housing with median and better income housing. There are not fewer people on fixed incomes, just fewer places for them to live.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Harry

Yep

Happens alot in Florida.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
appletonbill

Greg: Buying the park for us owners is not an option. It would cost a minimum of $500,000 just to run the sewer and water from the city, underneath a 4 lane divided Hwy. The former owner of the park could have done that a long time ago, a lot cheaper.

Harry: I hate to see older folks being put off their homes more than anything. When you get to be that age, you ought to be able to be left alone to enjoy the rest of your years, as best you can.

JD: I don't believe in luck, anyways, the good Lord will provide.

It's a good time to get rid of some of the stuff I have accumulated over the years, to get ready for moving day.
Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
Yanita

Hi Bill,

Man I hate it for you and all others.

JD pretty much summed it up. It is happening everywhere here. Hence the reason Hubby and I have a mortgage again instead of a home that was already paid off. I pass the park we used to live in frequently, it is totally surrounded with new plazas, theatres and shops...won't be long and it will be gone.

We knew it was coming, so we made the decision to move before we got the 30 day notice. Heck you can't find a new lot around here and get moved in 30 days. We looked at various properties for months before we came upon this one.

I was irritated with having to move and selling a home we owned complete with all the upgrades, to something that needed alot of upgrades. BUT, now I am glad that we did and are much better off!

Keep us posted on how things work out for you and the others.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!