the law

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

mbnlp69hilton

I'm not sure if anyone can help me with this that rents.
i sit on a lot 11* 60 and it's not on a slab and is sinking to the right alot is there someway to make the owner of the park fix it ?? Hell i went to open the windows that use the cranks and there all missing and there screwed shut from the outside is that legal ?
wow hope no one Else has to go through this !! lol
Dean2

Any rental has to meet standards or the landlord is in the wrong. What the standards are may be affected by the local laws but I think HUD may be involved too.

You may have legal recourse,but,if it isn't *too* inconvenient then do You want to make an enemy of the landlord? Maybe just mention the "sinking" and pull the window screws Yourself? I have no clue as to if windows in a MH are considered "fire escapes" or not,if it was door screwed shut then that's for sure a violation for the landlord,assuming there were only 2 doors anyway.

I would think the landlord would like to know of the sinking/settling,the rental is an investment.

Have You balanced the inconvenience of the problems against the cost of rent? I *do not* suggest You allow Your safety to be risked but inconvenience may be expected if the rent is reasonable.
Yanita

Hi folks,

Although I am interested in the responses this thread may get I still need to move it to the Off Topic forum.

This is not about repairs.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!