Spending the weekend with Bryce Logan...grandson...

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

oldfart

Ahhhh folks...spent last weekend with my beloved grandson Bryce Logan and what an experience!! For those of you not "in the know" concerning grandchildren....it's a Grandparent thing..you wouldn't understand. HAW!HAW!HAW! Fact is I hate that line..."It's a -----thing...you wouldn't understand!" What that really tells me is the person telling the tale has a poor vocabulary or no imagination...or is an idiot. Now on to our story! Picked up young Bryce Logan and since we both aknowledged we don't have enough toys to keep us occupied for 2 days..we went to WalMart. Fishing season is upon us and this would be his first time fishing with Poppie! (uhhhh..that'd be me..) We need fishing gear..and..apparently Power Ranger toys...and movies...ShreckI/II/III...ad nauseum. And candy. And various kibbles and bits to twarth possible hunger and boredom. And..."fishing clothes." Done..2 straw hats...lot'sa fishing stuff..and assorted candy/fruits/nuts and softdrinks. I'm now about $100 poorer....sigh...! Spent 2 hours practicing casting the new fishing poles out in the front yard. Found out the feral cats LOVE chasing after a lead sinker dragged up through the knee-high grass that I should be mowing. We laughed so hard I think I broke something! Finally headed down to "The Crick" to actually go fishin' at 2p.m. on Sat.! Bryce managed to grasp the concept of casting a spinning reel and by 7p.m. was a Master! In the meantime...we flailed the water to a froth. Young anglers seem to believe the more casts..the more fish. While sitting beside him I advised him to cast softly and slowly..fishing is about concentration, patience and skill and not exuberance!! That was about the time he reefed back and sent my $400 bifocals into the stream. No problem! One moment I'm sitting in my chair admiring his casting abilities..the next moment something wet hits me between my eyeballs... and I go temporarilly blind! Thank God the crick is shallow and my cat-like reflexes kick in! In the interim Bryce learns a whole 'nuther language! HOLY ****!! What the **** just happened? BRYCE.....I'm ******* BLIND! You'd better find my ******* glasses or I'm gonn'a kick your little ***!!! Meanwhile Bryce is laughing hysterically and rolling on the ground the whole time! Arrrghhh! Got my specks back..not without some undue searching I might add..and Bryce now speaks 2 (two) languages. English..and "angry Grandfather!" All told had a great weekend and hope to have many more. Audie..the Oldfart. P.S....don't know what idiot ever came up with the Cartoon Network/Ch.64/24/7...but I will find you. We have an issue...
Serena

You are a dear. What a special day for Bryce to have with you. So, did you get your spectacles back intact?
Greg

Next time he can learn about TOOLS!!! And how to take things apart and drive nails into things - Been there, done that!!!! Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
SpongeBob

What a good grand-dad you are! I bet Bryce had a great day.
-Bob :D