1981 Fuqua Prestige Doublewide

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

brusse16

Any recommendations on this manufacturer? Where can I find reviews of models? Thanks!
Yanita

Hi,

You might do a google on the manufacturer. Being an older home the manufacturer could be out of business or merged with another.

As a site we do not really recommend one brand over another. Our members are more than welcome to express their opinions.

In the older homes they are pretty much built the same, there are a few differences but not many. The new models are more innovated then the past...

Yanita

I am going to mover this to the OFF TOPIC forum as this is not repair related.
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Greg

In the 80's the mobile home industry got crazy. HUD became involved with standards for building the homes. Many manufactures closed their doors or were bought out by larger companies rather than deal with HUD.
Add to this that there were many regional manufacturers and you could have an impossible job trying to find information. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
brusse16

I have not been able to find anything about this company for mobile homes....just modulars. I was wondering if you were looking at resales, how old would you consider too old to buy? Are there any manufacturers that you would avoid or recommend?
Thanks for the advice!
Greg

Age in all honesty should not be a deceiding factor. I have seen 2 yr.old homes that were trash and 30 yr.ols homes in great shape.
In the repair section Yanita has a "sticky' post, It is a check list of what to look for when buying / looking at a used home. look at & print the list there is a lot of things to look at. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Heidi O

I have a Fuqua 1974 double-wide. We are doing a huge remodel so I can't say much about the quality. Probably similar to most mobiles this age. I love it though - it is one of the prettiest and most functional floor plans I have seen. I wouldn't buy one that old, though, unless you are handy and willing to do some remodelling, though.
Heidi
Yanita

Well in my opinion Greg summed it up about the age.

My Hubby and I bought this Mansfield doublewide that is now 38 years old. Lord knows how many hurricanes it has been thru. We bought this home 2 years ago.

As for quality, I have owned two brand new homes before this one...quality, this one is superior.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!