I am a noob

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

cxjon

I am new and wanted to introduce my self.... My name is Jon and my wife Jessica and I just bought a 93 Schultz 3Bd 2 bath single wide 16x80. We will take position in the middle of may and we cant wait!! Its getting moved to a location from the original park it was set up in to the new one we want it at it. needs to travel 10 miles to is new home. A little info about it.... has new siding, new roof shingles, stove, stainless fridge, stainless dish washer and a new stove which we will be selling to get a stainless to replace it. It will have hardi board skirting also have frost piers, the ac moved and all new heat tape. we get to move a huge 10 x 18 deck our selfs but its worth it!!!
My plans are to lay new carpet threw out the home. I also want to mud/tape panels and then texture the wall and do some new crown molding. the walls look like poo so thats a must. My wife and I have great plans to make this home a great place to live. I paid 22000 for the whole thing. I think i got a good deal. I seen tons of homes older in my area or the same age that look like poo for more.
Harry

Hi

CONGRATULATIONS!

Does the price include moving and setup? Let us know how it goes.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Harry

Hi

Sounds like a good deal to me.

Yep, I'd do all the structural stuff first. Make sure all is water tight. Roof in good repair. Peel back the carpet and inspect the floor especially below the windows, entrance doors and around toilets.

Then work on the cosmetics and carpet last.

JMHO

Good Luck

Harry

PS: The Manual for Manufactured/Mobile Home Repair & Upgrade by Mark Bower is well worth the few bucks. Here's a link:
http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/order.htm
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
JD
Site Admin

Hi and welcome to the forum. Congrats on the purchase. Sounds like a great deal to me!

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Yanita

Hi,

Welcome to the site!

Another Congrats on your new home!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!