New memberette here........

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Ms Rose

And just wanted to say hi to all.

I have found a lot of info on here and hope to add a lot of my own soon. I am just looking over how the site works and also policies. I was up for 2 hours customizing my profile page and I think that is a neat feature, but I still have a ways to go with that. I only recently have started doing projects inside and outside and when ya do one 2 more pop up. lol.

If I post something in the wrong place please accept my apology in advance.
I will start taking piks and posting them as I can because I am proud of what I have done.

I did my first 110 electrical wiring here and it was adding 3 outlets, one being switched.

I have lived here for 6 years so its about time I start doing some stuff to make it more home like.

I always love hearing about others and their stories so if anyone has anything, anything at all they want to share feel free to post here or PM me.

Thanks,

Jennifer
Harry

Hi

What part of the country do you live?

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Greg

Hi & welcome to the family. Don't be too worried if you post something in the wrong place, I'm sure Mom will catch it & put it where it belongs, then scold the other moderators for not putting it where it belongs (right Yanita?).
Take your time & look around, this is a huge site with lots of information. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Ms Rose

Harry wrote:Hi

What part of the country do you live?

Harry
Minnesota, the heartland.
Yanita

Hi Ms Rose,

Glad you found us, we have a great group of people here that are friendly and always willing to help.

We really do not have alot of rules, just a few that I think are pretty basic..always try to be courteous and have respect for others opinions. When in the repair forum please try to stay on topic.

Try to post your questions in the appropriate forums, but do not worry, if you get it wrong or its one of those that could go in a couple places, yes, MOM will move it. LOL, at the current time I am the only active female moderator, seems the guys leave it up to me to take the heat for moving topics or worse yet locking them!

There are only 2 subjects we do not give out alot of info on, one is gas, the other is electrical. The reason is simple, both are dangerous, can cost you loss of life or home, neither of which we want to be responsible for. We will give some very basic info, but other than that we will always recommend a professional.

Please jump right in, ask questions or participate in current discussions. We all love photos so when you set up your album let us know in the off topic forum.

Remember to join the community here by clicking on, hmmm friendship pending...waiting approval...something like that anyways. Guess I am having a senior moment. Anyways this can be found in your user name box next to your post. Click on it accept the friendship and you are ready to complete your profile if you have not done so already.

Alot of user info about the site can be found in the Website Questions forum, if you still have trouble with anything let us know. You can either post your question, PM anyone of the mods/admin or email one of us via the site.

Check out all the forums and don't forget to look at the links in the task bar menu at the top of the page. As Greg said, lots of info.

Anyways, look forward to your future contributions to the site, settle in, relax, contribute and enjoy!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Greg

"at the current time I am the only active female moderator, seems the guys leave it up to me to take the heat for moving topics or worse yet locking them!"
What can I say, it's a guy thing!! Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Ms Rose

Well one thing I am surprised to see is that their are as many other women here.

it just seems that repairs and stuff are left to the guys. If I don't do it it wont get done, so I am learning.

Jennifer
Yanita

Hi,

We have lots of very active women in the repairs and of course decorating. When it comes to remodeling and decorating a person is only limited by their imagination. Alot of things that are are traditional stick builds can be done in a mobile/manufactured home, it just needs a little modification!

In today's world with lots of folks not wanting to work on mobile/manufactured homes I think it has become a necessity to work on your own.

It also gives us great satisfaction to know we did it ourselves. With this forum and all the good folks here you success rate is much higher in getting things done properly.

If you have not done so already Mark, the site owner and our fearless leader has a great repair manual. This is written in basic terms, lots of pics and very easy to follow. And...what other manual gives you a website of folks that will help you along in the process. It's located in the bocks/parts link, can be purchased in book form or you can download it.

Look forward to reading your profile and looking at your pics.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!