Help w/ 2 stains in my carpet

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

garrett_reukauf

My daughter spilt some fingernail polish on the tan carpeting in her bedroom, the nail polish is dark red of course. There is one large spot about the size of a half dollar, and three or fours smaller spots ranging in size between dime and pea size. The spots have turned stiff of course. I bought some fingernail polish remover and have "bloted" one of the smaller ones out somewhat, there is still a faded red area there, but is not as dark as once was.
That is the 1st stain....
The 2nd stain is also in her room, its blue. It looks like one of the boys crayons got stepped on and ground into the rug. BUT my daughter insists that it is from an eraseable ink pen that she was using and broke on here.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to get these two peices of 'artwork' out of the carpet. I know I am dealing with of the worst possible things you could spill on carpet but and tips or ideas would be great.
I thought about cutting and patching the two areas in the carpet, but I dont have and scrap carpeting left from when the MH was set up. And I really dont wanna recarpet the room, as my MH is only about 6 months old.
It's great to finally have the time to get back on the site here, kinda missed my daily dose of MHR.com.
Sorry if this was the wrong place to post this topic.
Thanks everybody!
Yanita

Hi,

Glad to have you back...for cleaning the spots try oxy clean. You might even need a pro carpet cleaner. Keep in mind the longer the spots sit the better chance they are permanent.

LOL, yup, this is not repair related going to move this to Off Topic.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!