Not one frozen pipe this winter!

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Busybee1952

Hi Guys, (a Michigan expression which includes women)
Just thought I would let you know that all my hard work paid off and I had not one frozen pipe nor any water problems whatsoever this year. I heated with wood (did not burn the place down) and left the registers open to allow some warm air under the mobile but even so, it was -20 a few of the days and still no problems. It was a really long, cold, cold winter and now I'm looking forward to spring and all the new projects ahead. Thanks to everyone for the assistance last year and good luck to all in the coming days.
Pat
With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity ..... Nair, Keshavan
Yanita

Hey Pat!

Good to hear from you.

Glad to hear that you did not have the water problems again this year. You certainly deserve to have heat and water this year with all the hard work that you did under there.

I certainly admire your efforts and a job completed. Not alot of women would of taken on the job with such tenacity as yourself! With limited, time, tools, materials and money you did well and should serve as a fine example that some things can be done on shear willpower!

Glad to hear that all is well, hopefully you will get spring soon!

Take care and don't be such a stranger...

Yanita

PS...LOL, around here I am one of the guys!
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Greg

Congrats!! That proves what we have been saying all along, the bottom needs to be sealed up! Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Jim from Canada

Great to hear! Congrats and much more success in the future!

Jim
Robert

Wonderful news to hear, congrats on many tasks well done.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
dandjbarrett

Two thumbs up. I admire your courage.
bilbar25

I meant to reply to this topic when I first saw it, but never got to it.

I'm certainly NOT promoting NOT using heat tape----just relaying my experiences with preventing frozen pipes.

I live in an older home (1974) and have only had one year when we had our supply line freeze.

That was BEFORE I INSULATED all the pipes to within an inch of their lives !!! I put the slitted foam insulation over the pipes, then wrapped that with adhesive/metallic type tape---over which I wrapped 3" wide fiberglass insulation followed by plastic film...

Yes, my skirting is in place very well...although I do leave a few "vent" panels in place over the winter.

I have NEVER had to use heat tape...been over 20 years now and I live in extreme NW Ohio. Gets plenty cold here, and maybe I have just been fortunate...but I'm just not fond of "relying" on heat tape.

At any rate ...what I have done..."works for me"!

Bill
[color=red]When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.
Live your life so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice![/color]
Demolition

Not one frozen Pipe...
Hooray for Global Warming.
Call Dinwiddie Demolition we'll tear that house right down.
Sweep up every splinter n haul it out of town