She said...he said....sighhhhh...

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

oldfart

Well folks I just felt I had to post this. Mind ya I'm in the middle of remodeling a room. It's just a tiny 4ft. X 12ft. room where I store all my "stuff." For a number of years this was the repository of hunting gear, fishing gear, etc. etc. etc. As well I like to keep all my best tools here. Dewalts, Pro-Tech, Ryobi, Craftsman and sundry others. I cradled them all in a disarray of old milk-crates.... salvaged and pinched from various sources. Boxes unlabled and various bits and special tools tossed in amongst the fray. I own 35 chalk-lines..couldn't find one on a bet. I have levels and staple-guns..ad-nauseum. I own more hammers than Lowes. I have saw-z-alls, circular saws, jig-saws, coping saws, table-saws and more drywall saws than Home Depot. Admittadly I am up to my eyeballs in..."stuff"! I've got enough nails and screws to rebuild New York City. When the local plumbing supply is out of an odd fitting..."We need a gas-line-fitting with female left-handed threads to fit a flared fitted gooseneck junction to a standard pipe thread male fitting...1/2in reducer to 3/8ths. ..with a T..inline!"...they call me. Anyways....Carol (my beloved) tells me I need to "Find a better way to organize my junk!" Arrrrgh! She said..."WalMart and others sell little plastic boxes..for about $3 each. Pack all this stuff up neatly organized and mark on the box what each item is!" Yeah..right. This is a womans view of things..not a mans view! Harrumph! I'm quite happy being a hermit..not prone to change and not the least influenced by wimminfolks! I got home from WalMart today with a van full'a little plastic boxes. I found out that all 3 of my staple-guns and 10 boxes of staples will fit in 1 box...clearly marked. 3 Pop-Rivet guns and assortid rivets from 1/8in. to 1/4in. will fit in another box. All my various screwdriver bits reduced from 12 Tupperware boxes..sans lids..into one tidy Plano box with dividers. Finishing nails go into one divided box..reducing 4 boxes into one...along with the tools to drive them flush. Drill bits? I got 'em! From 1/16in. to 1 1/4in.! Now they're all neat and secure in 1 little plastic box. Now..mind ye!...I ain't sayin' she's right! And this cost me a bundle at $3 a pop for little plastic boxes! Still...much as I hate to admit it...she might have a point. I'll post photos as soon as time permits. ;) Audie..the Oldfart..
Yanita

Hmmm,

Not influenced by wimminfolk....aha! You certainly are, you came home with a van full of little plastic boxes and then even used them!

You will be very happy that wimminfolk are able to change your ways, especially when you want something that you have numerous amounts of and could never find...hence the reason for having to much to begin with! :D

ROFLMBO!

NUFF SAID!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Greg

I have NO choice here - I plead the 5th!!! Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Robert

Your Honor, I plead what Greg said !! :D
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Yanita

ROFLMBO!!!!

Seems you gentlemen have wives/significant others that have ummm,.... taught you well over the years!

Yanita
Greg

The line between bravery & stupidity is VERY thin! Greg
Yanita

LOL, would you like to call me on that one :D ... :lol: you have the number...oh, wait I will need to speak with Sandy first, :lol:

Yanita
oldfart

HARRUMPH!!!! Now somehow my words got mis-construed..what I mean to say was...what I was gittin' at was....I mean...ummm...yeah..wimminfolks have a knack towards...uhhhh....O. K..... they seem to have a talent for minimising confusion. Awwww....$+++......they have orginizational skills. Big deal! Menfolks have....redundant knowledge of where..stuff..is. I have 12 milk-crates filled with..."stuff" and I know preee-cicessly where it is! I mean to say...I know "puddy much where it is"...in that room....in 12 milk-crates. I couldn't find a table-saw in a closet..but I know I have one! I lost a compound-miter saw for 3 months...found it out in the flower-bed and I blame the feral cats for that!! (it was under a tarp...covered with cat fecies....I have proof!) I hang shelves "by eye-ball" on account of I own 2 dozen levels...old ones and new digital ones..can't find a danged one of them. I have 4 cordless Dewalt Drill/Drivers...no battery packs or chargers! Folks...I really got to take some before and after photos of this mess. Ya'll wouldn't believe it. Audie..the Oldfart..
Yanita

ROFLMBO....

Ummm, nope...no ,I didn't get mis construed, see, go look at your first post, it clearly says...in alot of sentences that you were very disorganized, and again as you said Carol (your beloved) gave you a good solution.

Now as I see it you will not add to your beloved excessive collection of chalk lines, and you can now walk to the table saw and maybe even find the safety guard for it!

You can save on your eyeballs by setting a level on the shelves instead of wishing or hoping that it really was level!

LOL, Audie, nothing mis construed here...women are more organized than men...generally...but not always!

Now the key to all these new storage containers is to remember to bring everything back when your done and put them in the proper containers...ummm, that means not leaving a saw in the garden under the tarp for the darling cats to use!

Now I know you made short mention of how much all these little containers cost...well you will recoup that money real quick...you already have your own hardware store completely stocked and readily available, no more wasted trips to buy what you already have!

Good job Carol! ohhh, and you too Audie.

Yanita
Last edited by Yanita on Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg

Audi, you should really rent a backhoe, for the size of the hole you are digging youself into it would be quicker. Face it bud, you are going to loose this one! Greg
Robert

I agree with everyone !!

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?