Happy Easter

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Harry

Hi

Happy Easter all.

My bride is not feeling well (flu like symtoms) so we're staying in on Sunday.

I am cooking:
ham with a brown sugar glaze.
Red parsley potatoes
Salad
Various deserts
ssweet tea
Virgin bloody marys

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Hey Harry, and everyone!

Happy Easter...

We are having whatever the restaurant we choose at the last minute offers.

The sons each have plans and that's fine, sure don't mind not having the mess!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
dandjbarrett

:( I felt lousy yesterday and am not up to par today so pm your addy, Harry, my husband and I will be on our way. :lol: :lol:
Actually I baked a glazed ham, made the cake for strawberry shortcake, and made southern style potato salad yesterday before I just wore out and felt bad. Sometime later this morning I'll cook some baked beans and a nice mixed salad and we'll have our traditional Easter dinner this afternoon. I'm sad to say I'm missing church :oops: but I suspect the remainder of the congregation will be glad I'm not there spreading my germs. :cry: Hopefully I'll feel better as the day goes on.
Meanwhile, Happy Easter to everyone.
Serena

Happy Easter to all! Am sorry to hear some are under the weather.
I'm taking sugar-free chocolate bunnies and eggs to some and fixing Easter breakfast for supper. Otherwise, a bit of quiet today.

May God bless you all.
Greg

I hope everyone feels better soon.
Our plans have been tossed out the window three times so far.
Our son is home on 3 day leave from training before leaving for Afghanistan Thursday. Our original plan was like Yanita, just go someplace. Then CJ said he would be here, so we bought a small ham, next I know CJ, his g/f, our daughters; son in laws, and 6 grand kids will be here.
Both Hams are in the oven.
Hope everyone has a great day! Greg
Last edited by Greg on Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
dandjbarrett

Hey, Greg. Sorry to hear your son is going to Afghanistan. Our son has been there twice and was scheduled to be there now until his neck got broken in a combat training exercise. Thankfully there was no damage and the breaks in his neck were discovered in time to protect his spinal cord. He had surgery overseas last month and is healing and going through a lot of therapy. They had to replace the bones with some kind of hardware and he's recovering quite well. He calls us every day and as far as Easter goes -- the best Easter gift we could have ever gotten was knowing he's okay. He still has a small amount of pain, but it is low enough that he's only using a little ibuprofen and is off the heavy stuff.
Jim from Canada

No cooking here, went to my sis's place. Other than that, just had a traditional Easter and "hung around". lol

Jim